Re: FPS 55# Hwarang

Lucky they didn't call the KTB a toy.  In fact, they were quite interested about the short bow.

The real problem was the accuracy and thumb ring threw out the hand.  At that time, I tried thick paper but it didn't work out.  Now, I use the index finger of the bow glove as a thumb sock for the oversized thumb ring - don't laugh  big_smile .  It really worked!  I have a leather thumb ring from 3Rivers but that thing is only good for low poundage bows.  I will try out boiled leather ones later.  Where can I purchase a big piece of thick and boiled leather from a retail store?

~HUN~ wrote:

big_smile  big_smile
They call your bow a toy.
You draw it and the limbs go parallel
They run for cover  lol
The arrow goes like lightening.
Looks and exclamations of disbelief.

I had a judge (term used loosely) tell me my bow was over drawn. She knew a little more about Korean bows and style when she left me.

WarBow,
I don't know how the thumbring is looked upon where you are, there are quite a few negative views here but having it fly down the range is never going to win you friends  wink Have you tried a leather one? I find they give more feel.
On the whole, our judges are a great bunch and they've always shown keen interest in the bows and arrows I've used. Most negativity, sadly, comes from the longbow element due to the bow's man made material element (regardless that this is simply to bring hornbow performance without hornbow cost) They seem quite happy to allow bamboo backing on longbows  roll

Will,
That estimate sounds about right, the 45lb achieved at 28" will feel much lighter than it is  cool

Thumbs up

Re: FPS 55# Hwarang

Warbow

Why not boil the leather thumbring to get the oil out of it and then shoot with it until it is dry or almost so.  When it is dry, just soak/coat the leather thumbring in epoxy.

Kanuck

Thumbs up