Topic: Cant or not?

Do you cant the bow?
I see many advise this, but every time i start canting, i can´t hit at all.

Same with KTB or longbow, thumbring or finger release.

Today have some training, target was candle, it is dark early this time of year.

Cant and arrows went too much right and up.

Vertical and can blow the candle with arrow from 20 meters.. big_smile

Thumbs up

Re: Cant or not?

You can't argue with success...stick with what works.

Kanuck

Thumbs up

I would have said, "In a hunting situation keeping the bow always vertical isn't always possible" .........BUT, with these bows being sooo short, it probably IS possible.

X2 Kanuck               smile

Thumbs up

WillScarlet wrote:

I would have said, "In a hunting situation keeping the bow always vertical isn't always possible" .........BUT, with these bows being sooo short, it probably IS possible.

X2 Kanuck               smile

Well that is not problem, if i need to cant bow i bent myself.
Same with longbow or modern recurve.

I guess, my shooting style is more like turkish, many of turkish archery youtube videos bow is vertical and draw shorter than korean.

Many korean style shooters seems to cant and draw is very long...

Some reason i sometimes cant the bow and then think to oneself why arrows hit like from shotgun...  tongue  Until i remember to put bow vertical again.

Hope you get  it, english is not my native language...

Thumbs up

Your English is well enough to get your thoughts accross, some natives over here can't do much better, either lazy or slept through the english classes in school.
       As far as shooting styles over here, probably the majority of those who hunt, either recurve or longbow, cant their bows. Some recurve hunters shoot with a vertical bow, and, probably close to all, target shooters shoot with a vertical bow. Vertually all compound bow users shoot with a vertical bow. All traditional bow shooters don't have a draw length any longer than to the corner of their mouths. Personally, I shoot all forms with a canted bow, even compounds.  Using a Korean draw will be a new experience for me, as will be using a thumb ring, if I go that route.    cool

Thumbs up

Hannu I am the same way.  I can't, cant and be accurate., that is especially true with a thumb draw.  I just hold the bow straight up and down and have no problems.   

By the way your English is much better than my Finish. smile

Thumbs up

Everybody has their own style, stick with what you ate accurate with. I can't a little bit and I'm fine, but when it's vertical it's 6inches to the right for me, everybody is different, you learn to compensate for aim, which is kind hard to explain with these bows either way, other than by just doing it. Some guys cant their bows a lot, some guys cant very little or none, there is no rule for "style".

Thumbs up