Topic: New Windfighter

Hi Guys, i´m about to close a deal buying 2 Kaya Windfighters, i don´t know why it usually is the underrated of the 3 Kayas, but judging by what i´ve seen in the videos of the youtube it´s a good shooter, i also liked the Kaya Khan, but 28# draw length isn´t sufficient.

Anyways, i was checking some arrows for it, and i have no idea what to buy, any ideas?
I found this ones, http://archery.ixpesports.nl/contents/e … rrows.html  which one would be more appropriate? I intend to shoot up to 45 meters and 3D competitions.

Thanks,
Gabriel

Thumbs up

Re: New Windfighter

Gabriel,
I have never shot a kaya windfighter, and not even sure where one would purchase one in MI, USA.

But if you are looking for arrows for strictly target shooting, A light arrow will always be superior as long as spine is correct. In my opinion, the weight of an arrow is often over emphasized.

Thumbs up

Raven that´s for dropping by, how about tip weight? 100 or 125 grains, when should one choose one over the other?

Thumbs up

It would be my guess that the 100gr would be the proper weight.
That being said, you will not know until you have shot the arrow.
Given the distance that you will be shooting, it will be give the arrow ample time to adjust and straighten out.

My suggestion would be to try both, and see what you come up with.

Maybe one of the others have a better approach. But it has always been my experience to have 100 110 125 grain field tips on hand for any arrow combinations.

Joseph

Thumbs up

I´ve just ordered 2 Windfighter 55# each, i don´t understand the Easton measures, which one should i get? This website is quite good http://www.addictedtoarchery.com/arrows.aspx

Thumbs up

6 (edited by sissara 2012-05-18 04:57:12)

Just get the one with long enough shaft and 50-60 lb spine. Arrow spine doesn't affect much to us, thumb shooter, but I always go for a little high spine for safety. If possible, request the wings a bit far (1.5-2") from nock so you have room for index finger.

Thumbs up

the 55# i would get powerflight 300

Thumbs up

Thanks  Sissara and Warbeast, i don´t understand why it doesn´t affect the mongolian release shooter and affects the others, the string pulled is the same anyway.

Thumbs up

Gabriel wrote:

Thanks  Sissara and Warbeast, i don´t understand why it doesn´t affect the mongolian release shooter and affects the others, the string pulled is the same anyway.

Pull is same way, release is different, thumb release string leave like when you use release aid in compound bows.

Thumbs up

10 (edited by storm 2012-05-22 20:35:04)

Pull is same way, release is different, thumb release string leave like when you use release aid in compound bows.

Well, this depends on the type of ring. With the korean ring, the string is actually deviated more than with 3 finger draws, but the advantage is that you don't have to synchronize fingers. Though the big advantage of this technique is that you can compensate for this by using lateral torsion.

Powerflights 300 are great arrows for these bows. Almost 33" with nock and point. I shoot them from 5.5 to 8 gpp and they are very fast with Korean bows. Great value for money. I would only use something else if I had access to longer Korean carbon arrows.

Thumbs up

storm wrote:

Well, this depends on the type of ring. With the korean ring, the string is actually deviated more than with 3 finger draws, but the advantage is that you don't have to synchronize fingers. Though the big advantage of this technique is that you can compensate for this by using lateral torsion.

Powerflights 300 are great arrows for these bows. Almost 33" with nock and point. I shoot them from 5.5 to 8 gpp and they are very fast with Korean bows. Great value for money. I would only use something else if I had access to longer Korean carbon arrows.

Storm,

Goldtip is more willing to make longer than 32" carbon shafts.  It's just a matter of quantity I guess.  Is there a way to purchase uncut Korean arrow shafts?

Thumbs up