Topic: Back to the Korean Archery

About month ago i sell my Kaya KTB and buy longbow... Big mistake. tongue

Well, longbow is easy to use, but can´t use thumbring, it is called LONGbow for reason, and i miss all the time my target.

But today i trade my longbow and get back my own KTB.  smile

What a bow, short, amazing fast and i hit every single arrow just where i want.

Won´t let this bow from my hands anymore.

I must have some brainstorm when i sell this wonderfull bow.. tongue

Thumbs up +1

Re: Back to the Korean Archery

welcome back  big_smile

Thumbs up

sissara, thanks.

Must get some wooden or aluminium arrows, my carbons won´t stay one piece with KTB, it is so fast bow...  tongue

Seriously, i have cut few carbons, when they hit on target, which is sack filled with sheep wool, so it is soft surface.

Thumbs up

I have shoot with compound bow (70# Bear Attack) for year soon, but now i sell training wheels and make order for YMG from Bluelake! big_smile

Compound with release aid and sight is easy to shoot and hit, but it is boring.

I think 50#@28" will be enought, as my KTB was 55#@30" and easy to handle.

Thumbs up

Well, now i´m a proud owner of a 55#@28" YMG Hwarang bow! big_smile

Very nice looking bow, grip is like made for me, light as a feather.
A piece of art.

Just shoot few arrows, and first thing i noticed, was that arrows go straight, vs Kaya KTB, where i used to hit right.
Hwarang is more narrow, maybe that is the reason.

More info when i get time to shoot more.

Edit: Almost forget: i did not sell my compound bow yet, let see if i have time to shoot it anymore... tongue

Thumbs up +2

Just get my new Hwarang 70#@31".

Compared to 60#@28" turkish bow, Hwarang is lighter and faster, draw weight feels even lighter and no handshock at all.
Brace height is smaller than turkish, so you must concentrate on release.
But i hit better with Hwarang, so no problem.
Some bad video on youtube soon. I have horrible arrows atm, can´t really focus on shooting with these, but new ones is coming soon.

Thumbs up +2

Great news, Hannu!  big_smile

Thumbs up

Sometime this year I want to upgrade to a Hwarang. I currently have a KTB from Kaya and love it but I want something a little stronger to hunt with this fall.

Thumbs up

Chadwck wrote:

Sometime this year I want to upgrade to a Hwarang. I currently have a KTB from Kaya and love it but I want something a little stronger to hunt with this fall.

I'm not one that goes out and hunts, but I had a varmint problem a few months ago (cause problems with my two Shih Tsus).  The racoons would get spooked when they heard a leaf crumple.....but the arrow reached them before they flinched.  Even though I feel bad for doing it, I can honestly say I trust my Hwarang with my life when it comes to hunting (If I needed to that is), and I wouldn't hesitate to use it on huge game if I needed to with it's speed, power, and versatility.  I just thought I'd chime in with this, because before I bought one I found little info about how great it is for hunting.

Thumbs up +2