Topic: Shot a Bow hunter match

I took my Kaya bow and thumbring out to shoot a Match on Fort Leavenworth Kansas.  Had a great time and answered a lot of questions from people about the Traditional Korean Shooting style.  Out of 25 targets I got in the kill zone on 80% or so and only lost one arrow.  Those darn standing turkey targets were kinda skinny.  Shot from the bow hunter stake not a different

Thumbs up

Re: Shot a Bow hunter match

Scarecrow wrote:

I took my Kaya bow and thumbring out to shoot a Match on Fort Leavenworth Kansas.  Had a great time and answered a lot of questions from people about the Traditional Korean Shooting style.  Out of 25 targets I got in the kill zone on 80% or so and only lost one arrow.  Those darn standing turkey targets were kinda skinny.  Shot from the bow hunter stake not a different

Good job!

Thumbs up

These bows are great for field shooting, light, portable, great fun.

Thumbs up

I was hoping to do a 3D shoot with mine at the end of May but I just can't seem to get any consistency so I will use my recurve. Once I get my shots in a reasonable group then I will start thinking about hunting with it. Right now I am consistently hitting a pie plate at 30m with my recurve but not so much with my KTB.

Thumbs up

Eat bigger pies  wink

Thumbs up +1

Well I thought I was hooked on Korean Archery before but now I am definitely all about it.  I can't wait for the next opportunity to get out and try another 3-D match.  I don't know if I'll ever find a spot to try the traditional Korean match style but I'll keep looking.  ~Hun~ you are definitely spot on about the bows being great for carrying around the field it was a blast.

Thumbs up

Scarecrow wrote:

Well I thought I was hooked on Korean Archery before but now I am definitely all about it.  I can't wait for the next opportunity to get out and try another 3-D match.  I don't know if I'll ever find a spot to try the traditional Korean match style but I'll keep looking.  ~Hun~ you are definitely spot on about the bows being great for carrying around the field it was a blast.

smile
My club is a Field archery club, our course is a wooded hillside. Plenty of obstacles, at times treacherous footing and it always makes me smile when I see the recurve and compound archers struggling around.
My only complaint is three arrows per target. Fine with the time those archers take but nowhere near enough for us.

Thumbs up

Well I took the little bow(my wife refers to it as my little miss bow) out again today and shot much better. I was consistently hitting a turkey at 20yards, another day like today and I will use it for the shoot here at the end of May.

Thumbs up

We are going to another 3D shoot tomorrow, I have completely made the change from my recurve my KTB.

Thumbs up

Well the two courses we did were quite tough. There was lots of lost arrows by everybody. I lost two on the first two targets and broke another later on. I must say I left the day much less confident than I was before and I definitely need to change the way I practice. I think I am going to try and only shoot one arrow at a time instead of 10 then doing it over for a hundred.

Thumbs up