1 (edited by tonygt19 2013-09-28 14:46:29)

Topic: Samick Mind50 50 lb @ 31 48 inch Carbon Glass recurve for sale

This is a hunt and horsebow capable true recurve (no siyahs). Its short limbs are perfect for hunting and carrying on horseback. The bow is surprizingly powerful and well built for the price. I'm offering this for $145. I bought it from Lancaster Trad tech for $205 last year in the store. It is a great starter bow for men.

Note: This bow has been sold and shipped

Post's attachments

comp1.jpg 522.56 kb, 1 downloads since 2013-09-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thumbs up

Re: Samick Mind50 50 lb @ 31 48 inch Carbon Glass recurve for sale

Is this bow still available?

Thumbs up

1187shooter wrote:

Is this bow still available?

Yes, it is still available.

Thumbs up

Tony can you explain to me what you mean by true recureve(no siyahs). Sorry to derail this but I would like to know the difference.

Thanks
Chad

Thumbs up

Chadwck wrote:

Tony can you explain to me what you mean by true recureve(no siyahs). Sorry to derail this but I would like to know the difference.

Thanks
Chad

The difference is the recurved section in a true recurve is flexible all the way to the tip, (dynamic) whereas siyahs are static/rigid tip sections that do not flex, giving the arrow more snap/thrust etc.

Thumbs up

6 (edited by tonygt19 2013-10-04 18:07:44)

Chadwck,
1187shooter's comment is correct. The rigid siyah acts as a lever allowing the archer to pull a short powerful limb into a relatively compact bend which can snap back very quickly compared to a longer true recurve limb which bends along its entire length. For this effect to be maximized the siyah has to be very light but unbending itself.
I might add that siyahs can have more than one stage. I'm attaching a photo of my 70lb  turkish hybrid with the limb sections marked. The bending part of the limb is marked to one side with blue. The siyah is the same length but in two stages marked in green and red. The siyah in Novotny's hybrids is made stiff by inserting and gluing  (very precisely) a stiff curved wedge of maple between the two layers of bamboo. This siyah is designed to act in two stages. The green length is already engaged as a lever when the bow is braced. So it helps you bend  the curved part of the limb (which is as powerful as a crossbow limb) as soon as you begin the draw. The red part of the siyah is not engaged until later in the draw when its part of the bowstring lifts off the flared shoulder (red arrow). Then your lever becomes 50% longer and pulling further becomes  easier and smoother than it would be without this feature.

Post's attachments

Saluki Turk Hybrid-X3 limb marked.jpg 361.04 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thumbs up

Thanks fella's

Thumbs up