Topic: Bow String Storage

I'm a little curious, since I spend a lot of time travelling with my bow so I'm always taking it down and packing it up, how do people normally store their bowstrings once they're off the bow?

Thumbs up

Re: Bow String Storage

I just take mine off the nocks and wrap the string around the limbs.  I then put it all into the bow sock.

Thumbs up

Good to know.  Is keeping the twist consistent a big concern for you, or is it not such a critical issue?

Thumbs up

If you have tuned your bow/arrow set-up and have adjusted your brace height by shortening or lengthening (twisting or untwisting) your string, then YES you need to take measures to keep the string as it is. What I do, if I remove the string, is clamp/tie, (whatever) the loops together so the string does not become twisted more, or less than what you have tuned it to.
    Will

Thumbs up

Right, that's my main concern.  At the moment I just store mine in a little zippered bag, since I don't have a case for most of my bows, but I'm always interested in something a little more clever.

Thumbs up

Personally, I don't worry too much about the string.  When I string my bow, it's all kind of second-nature.

Thumbs up