1 (edited by TargetSlayer 2013-12-18 01:13:58)

Topic: Is Kaya KTB, Khan, and Windfighter all same string length?

The correct string length for a Kaya Khan and/or KTB is 47" (with >~4" loops).
My question is -- is it the same length for the Windfighter, for sure?

As a bowyer I started making my own continuous loop horsebow strings out of Browning Astro Flight (step up supposedly from Fast Flight) with their Copperhead striped or checkered  serving applied under high tension. After liking the color, small boost in power, and added piece of mind, I started making them for others and now I sell them 24/7 on Ebay with 100% positive feedback (it felt cool when I glimpsed a random photo of a red string from me, here I believe, in July!).

My customers with Kaya Khans, KTB's, Grozer models, and more all seem as happy as me with the strings, but I wanted to make sure this Windfighter customer was going to get the right length from me: 47" like the other two similar Kaya's (Khan and KTB?

If you would like a custom string, PM me and I'll send you my link to my Ebay with years of positive feedback.
Also I can remove this offer if it is considered spam, as I really get about all the business I can handle without advertising, but I thought it silly not to offer here, of all places so you folks have the option (I can also make them out of standard "dacron" poly B-50 if you like to take it slightly easier on your bow but my properly-glued Khan is going on 3 years now with just the usual, well-used micro-stress lines under bright light, that are the extreme design occurring as a matter of course with these bows under high useage, not the slightly more violent release of Astroflight. When compared to a typical Khan never having used the zero-stretch or creep there is little or no evidence of added wear, though it's hard to tell, because of the unfortunately sporatic quality control of Khan assembly as seen by several random units purchased from two vendors a year ago +. The design can't be beat but some had lacking glue coverage and all had need of bow tip modification as not to cut a string...haphazard finishing is all... bubbles in glue lines showing that would have been better with 30 seconds more work... I love Kaya and love their bows in general but it's frustrating to see them advertised as individually hand-crafted by the master himself. Photos tell all... ANYWAY they're great bows with a little finishing and can be easily replaced if one of the few totally defective models soon after useage. I'm curious if more recent Khans are finished better than ones showing up like November to the retailers in 2012. I'd buy them either way and spend a couple hours on each even if not. They're positively revolutionary and will be seen more and more in the field by "good ol' boys". I can only hope my first horsebow almost finished is as good as Kaya's in operation. I've done OK with Western recurves after learning from some great elders over the last few years.
Thank you!
Jeff
BowsOfTheWorld.com  (NOT a horsebow on the front page at the moment, lol... a Western hybrid that one...)

Thumbs up