1 (edited by misterwonky 2014-01-03 09:08:45)

Topic: How much do you practice?

I've been thinking lately....it's freezing here and I'm not able to get out there and shoot (well, I could, but you know...).  I started thinking that I'm really going to have to push myself when it warms up a little, which led to another topic I haven't seen outside of the Olympic shooter's discussion: how often do you shoot?  Do you ever make yourself shoot as apart of routine or for some other reason?  I know a few of you guys are from Korea, and I'm sure the weather is different, but is there a season that youyou "relax" a bit?

I would like to get to where I'm flinging 500+ arrows a week, and I can't stand waiting.  I really envy you guys with indoor and heated fields.

Thumbs up

Re: How much do you practice?

Sadly, I didn't even shoot once this past semester.  I definitely don't get to the club as often as I'd like.  When I first started into KTA, back twenty-one years ago this month, I went almost every day for a couple years; my skill level skyrocketed at that time (and slumped after that, until I picked myself back up and started practicing again).

Thumbs up

I was surprised at how much the weather does not slow down the crowds at the range I have been going to here in Seoul.  We try to get out early to get some arrows shot before things get too busy, but I have yet to be the first person there.  Even on a week day with snow on the ground people beat us to the pavilion.  I would practice much more if it didn't require driving in Seoul...

Thumbs up

I read on a Turkish archery forum one of their old proverbs .............. "Leave archery for one day, it leaves you for ten"   yikes

Thumbs up

Well that sort of makes me feel better.... except for Will's comment.  I think it'd be fun to shoot in various weather conditions, but I can't handle the wind-chill here, and it's terrible to look for an arrow in the grass in sub 30F weather for 30 minutes :\.

Thumbs up

Due to injury I can't shoot for another month. I haven't been practicing much though even before, when I am shooting I try to shoot 50 arrows a day. Given my small backyard range (18m)this only takes about twenty minutes. My consistency usually goes to crap after about 30 arrows.

Thumbs up

I'm not saying I adhere to that proverb ................... not even close. I haven't shot since last summer .......... which is WHY I'm not very good!! roll

Thumbs up

I used to live in a town were I had to drive to the stadium to shoot my bow, and only in the early morning before the Volleyball and Basketball teams arrive for their training. Once a week did I. Now that I moved to a village and have my own field near my house I just don't. I hope now that the damn heat will pass and autumn comes I might find the time and will...

Thumbs up

9 (edited by Pedro C 2015-09-10 22:56:14)

Once a week at best, in LA... I bought a fairly big target intending to practice indoors, but it ended with my mother yelling at me. For now.

I know there's people who practice indoors like that. At very short distances... makes a lot of sense to me for practicing the hand torque