Topic: Founding a Jeong.

I want to continue doing Gung-Do in the U.K., once I return. Last time I practiced at a 'normal' archery club, at ranges from 20M to 90M. Anyway, I've thought of a place near where I live that may be large enough, isolated, and surrounded by rock on three sides; this place might make a suitable Gung-Do-Jang.

However, half of the Gung-Do experience is the people you do it with. That being the case, I may try and recruit some people. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the requirements set down by the Korean Gung-do Association for founding (or being recognized by them as) an official Jeong?

Otherwise I will be forced to found the British Gung-Do Association and promote myself to 25th Dan.

Thumbs up

Re: Founding a Jeong.

It's a very political process (who you know) and only a few have ever been "officially" established outside of Korea.  I made my own nearly twenty years ago (Daehojeong), but it is still only unofficial.

Thumbs up

I noticed there were only a few. Well, I doubt anyone I know has enough clout; Jeju is the island of exiles and outcasts after all. I guess I'm a 25th Dan then.

Thanks.

Thumbs up +1

silentwind wrote:

I noticed there were only a few. Well, I doubt anyone I know has enough clout; Jeju is the island of exiles and outcasts after all. I guess I'm a 25th Dan then.

Thanks.

Well, you will certainly be one-of-a-kind anywhere in the world with a 25th dan...  smile

Thumbs up

Hi. Did you return to the UK? If so, did you set up the club?

Thumbs up