26 (edited by Mule 2015-09-16 12:34:47)

Re: SMG bow for sale - basically unused! 60# @ 31

storm wrote:

I measured several SMG bows, manufactured between 2009 and 2011, and all of them had the draw weight that was advertised at around 29". The force-draw graphs are somewhere on the forum. 4 lbs/in is about right in the last few inches, for a bow of 50#

That makes sense, even though SMG told me the draw weight was at 80.8cm/31.8in, my 50# bow read 50#@29.5in when I measured it.

Thumbs up

Re: SMG bow for sale - basically unused! 60# @ 31

Ms267 wrote:

Dear friends,

Unfortunately, I have to let go of a wonderful, just about brand new bow I purchased from another forumite a year ago. I have never used it, as after I purchased it, I suffered a relapse of a bad elbow injury that basically prevented me from picking up a cup of coffee without experiencing pain; forget about drawing a 60# bow! Went through physical therapy all fall, but now have to build back up with  my wife's 40 pounder.

So this is an SMG bow; bought by the fellow forumite in January of 2014; sold a month after to me. As I wrote, I never used it. It is in absolutely new condition. The owner put a beaver tail handle and strike plates on the bow. As he wrote, they look great and the handle provides a sure grip. It is easily removed if you want.

The bow originally posted for $265, plus shipping and PayPal fees of 3%. I would offer it for $250 plus shipping and PayPal fees.

Let me know-- This is a fantastic price for a pristine SMG!

(side note: looks like I'm not the only one who has to sell a bow bc of an injury. For everyone else: hope you all treat archery as a physical activity like any other one --running, weight lifting! -- and warm up your wrists, arms, and back before you shoot a two hundred arrows at the range...)

Hello Can I get some up close photos of handle and riser sent to Joseph.garvon@icloud.com ?

Thank you!

Thumbs up