Topic: Hi all!

My name is Jan, just discovered this place a couple of days ago, didn't know it existed.

I have been shooting on-off for some time but only last year started to worry about correct technique and form, there is a long way to go still and much room for improvement, in fact my personal goal is to consistantly hit a target with the precision possible when shooting a longbow or recurve.
Might well be some 15 years or so to achieve this...LOL

I use cheap Kaya bows, saving some to invest in something a little better.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Thumbs up +1

Re: Hi all!

Welcome aboard!
I use a Kaya KTB myself. I am a beginner, so a 25 lbs is OK for my needs and thumb ring training purpose.
A really addictive hobby...
Cheers,
Tom.

Thumbs up +1

Thanks Tom. Right you are, this is addictive but then again, could well be the most enjoyable addiction imaginable.

Better to start with a low poundage and establish good consistant form, one can always up draw weight later if needed. I like girlie's bows and use them too due to a shoulder injury. Light, well tuned arrows and all is good!

Thumbs up

So far so good!  ;-)))

Thumbs up

Welcome!

Thumbs up

6 (edited by Pedro C 2016-04-08 06:35:26)

Nice!
I wonder if Western USA phragmites reed arrows would be lighter than carbon for the same stiffness. Really doubt it ;\
With light enough arrows, such poundage should be fine. Lighter bows are a bit more finicky of form, aren't they? i think it's probably best to shoot both heavy and light bows, to make sure one is not wrestling the light bows in the wrong way, and so that you can have control and finesse and refine your form with lighter ones... ? ? ? ?