Topic: Archery in North Korea

I am just listening to a radio broadcast about live in North Korea.

Are any archery acitvities going on there?

Thumbs up

Re: Archery in North Korea

Sorry--I've been a bit negligent for coming here recently.  This semester has been quite busy.  Now, as I just finished grading my university students, I can relax a *little* bit.

From what I know, there is some archery in North Korea (they have an Olympic archery teach), but very little in the way of traditional.  Somewhere, I have a photo of people dressed in an older dynasty's clothing, but drawing an Olympic-style recurve.

It's really too bad, as one of the most famous areas for horn bows was the city of Gaeseong, which is just over the border from South Korea on the west side of the country.

Thumbs up

Hopefully there is an amazing underground archery scene in North Korea that nobody knows about.  Probably not, but you never know.  There is allot going on the the Kim Jungs don't know aobut.  Maybe in a remote area of the mountains there is a traditional bowyer creating amazing horn bows in private.

Thumbs up

morton509 wrote:

Hopefully there is an amazing underground archery scene in North Korea that nobody knows about.  Probably not, but you never know.  There is allot going on the the Kim Jungs don't know aobut.  Maybe in a remote area of the mountains there is a traditional bowyer creating amazing horn bows in private.

Good movie plot, maybe?   big_smile

Thumbs up