Topic: Private Messages?

Does the private message function still work here?  Reason I ask is that someone said they PM'ed me but I never got anything.

Thumbs up

Re: Private Messages?

Well I just sent you a PM before typing up this message. So if you got it, the PM system works. If not, it doesn't. Hope that helps mate!

Thumbs up

CTR wrote:

Well I just sent you a PM before typing up this message. So if you got it, the PM system works. If not, it doesn't. Hope that helps mate!

Hmmmm....didn't get it.   Or so it seems.  They used to appear in the top right corner.  I don't know where else they would surface.  Actually I don't think we can even access our old PMs.   Sent you a PM too for what its worth.   hmm

Thumbs up

Actually scratch all that.  I figured out how to access the inbox just now but I could have sworn we used to get notifications at the top right of new PMs.  Or maybe I'm getting my forums confused.  Anyway, thanks for your help!

Thumbs up

You're welcome. Just as a follow up to anyone reading this, the PM system works but to my knowledge only if you look for it. You can go to:
http://www.koreanarchery.org/punbb/misc … page=inbox
To access your PM inbox.

You can also click on the little thing that says "PM" at the bottom of everyone's icon area in threads to get to links that'll take you to your PM inbox. There are no notifications for it though or any, again to my knowledge, direct ways to access it. *shrug*

Forum life seems to have taken it on the nose in the last couple years, with forum hosts getting worse (by hosts I mean companies and software packages that create the user interface we call a "forum") and users being sucked away by facebook and other social media which tend to be more attention-grabbing but generally offer shallower discourse. Whether places like this will cling on or not I think depends largely on the willingness of whoever pays for it to continue shelling out and dealing with the various crises which inevitably arise. Notice at the bottom the PunBB copyright at the bottom indicates 2009 as the most recent update we're using.

Thumbs up