Topic: Greetings from Maine

Hello, new archer here.  I shoot lefty and started with a 30#@28” recurve (PSE Razorback) but became interested in horse archery before I got too far into it so now I’m shooting with a 35#@30” Samick Mind-50.  Sometimes just for fun I plink around the basement with a 15#@24” right handed Little Bear.  I seem to be more accurate with the PSE/Little Bear but that might have something to do with the shelf.  I’m planning on getting into bow hunting once I start pulling a suitable weight and am more consistently accurate, but I’m enjoying the journey.

The guy at a local shop hadn’t heard of thumb draw and couldn’t give me pointers.  Are there any local groups that shoot like this? I know CTR isn’t far away.  Just ordered a custom ring from them.

Thumbs up

2 (edited by geoarcher 2018-11-13 16:16:51)

Re: Greetings from Maine

Jawa wrote:

Hello, new archer here....  Are there any local groups that shoot like this?

Welcome.

Since you are up in NE you may want to review this thread and contact Freddie Wong:

http://www.koreanarchery.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=863

I don't believe anyone got any traction from the organizer here but perhaps you may get lucky although I'm not sure how tightly organized this group is for the study and practice of Gungdo.  I think its tied more to a youth group-regional gathering thing.

Thumbs up

Re: Greetings from Maine

Welcome to the forum.

Thumbs up