101 (edited by JGH 2020-12-15 16:55:14)

Re: Which bow to Beginn KTA

geoarcher wrote:
JGH wrote:

Just measured once again, 42lbs at 28, 64 at 32,4"  50"Kaya Black Cat 40lbs. Measured from nock to back of bow.

Schau dir mal die Kommentare in dem schweizer Video an...

So I take it you are using an actual luggage scale to get these results?

Yes, but also have a big commercial grade mechanical scale, but is the same. Also used a proper mechanical bow scale at our club and measured 60lbs at full draw....

54lbs at 31"...

Thumbs up

102 (edited by geoarcher 2020-12-16 06:11:26)

JGH wrote:

Yes, but also have a big commercial grade mechanical scale, but is the same. Also used a proper mechanical bow scale at our club and measured 60lbs at full draw....

54lbs at 31"...

Hmmm...there was a guy on here who used to do force draw curve analysis.  He was good at generating charts and showed how
usually you get about a pound or two per inch drawn.  Give or take.  Most bows cluster around this too per one of his charts.  Especially if rated 40lbs at 28 inches it seems.  His one Kaya was well in line with this, although the Hwarang-YMG and one other he had were outliers as they both had poundage-ratings in line with warbows.  The Hwarang-YMG had a rather steep draw curve which would suggest not such a smooth draw.  He noted as well as many others that Kaya was often eschewed here on this forum for various reasons.  Although I myself like their KTB.  After all, some people prefer a bow with a more gradual curve which his Kaya more or less had.  Steep curves are not a bench mark for how great the bow is.  And my experience with Kayas is that they are rather smooth, especially at that poundage rating. 

So naturally these results for your bow are a bit surprising considering that I don't get results like that with my YMG which is not at warbow poundage-ratings when I take it to the luggage scale.  Its rated more in line with your Kaya matter of fact.  Although you sharing what the draw force curve for your bow would be quite revealing.  But you have me curious now.  I may have to start getting better set up for draw curve analysis and test what I have that way. 

Probably though a very distant future endeavor for myself.

Thumbs up

After months of trying to solve the problem of my arrows slapping the bow and thus flying sideways before they stabilize, I have come to the conclusion that not only the correct release but also the "follow-through" actually affects the arrow flight in more than one can assume. For the KTA (Korean Traditional Archery) I found it essential to use both the "torque technique" and the technique "pull the tiger's tail, push the high mountain" in order to have a consistent arrow flight and direction.

Roughly stated, you have to get the bow out of the arrow's path. On release, everything happens instantly, but when your technique is correct, the mechanics of the torque and follow-through have just begun to take enough effect, at that very moment, and the result is proof of its effectiveness. Not everybody needs to resort to this technique to accomplice the above-wanted outcome because there are many factors that play a role in the arrow"s flight, one of the most important ones is the archer's paradox. These archery styles use bows that are center shot and don't face the challenge of the archer's paradox as much as the traditional bows without a shelf.

Thumbs up