Topic: heating box

I am in the midst of building a heating box for the Korean traditional bows I have but have yet to use. 

I have already built a wooden box of 65x 65x15cm. For heating I am using a 25W light bulb, will put a thermostat and a thermometer.

at what average temperature should box have?

How long do the bows have to be kept in there before stringing?

Any suggestions?

Thumbs up

Re: heating box

Tawfiq Ibrahim wrote:

I am in the midst of building a heating box for the Korean traditional bows I have but have yet to use. 

I have already built a wooden box of 65x 65x15cm. For heating I am using a 25W light bulb, will put a thermostat and a thermometer.

Any suggestions?

Here is relating to horn bows in Korea:

In the summer, 30-34℃ and in the winter, 27-30℃; should be about 5℃, or so, higher than the outside temperature.

Regarding stringing, the heating will be done over a heat source just prior to bracing/balancing; I would say if the bow is allowed a day or two in the jeomhwajang (heat closet), it will probably be o.k.

Thumbs up

bluelake wrote:
Tawfiq Ibrahim wrote:

Any suggestions?

Here is relating to horn bows in Korea:

In the summer, 30-34℃ and in the winter, 27-30℃; should be about 5℃, or so, higher than the outside temperature.

Regarding stringing, the heating will be done over a heat source just prior to bracing/balancing; I would say if the bow is allowed a day or two in the jeomhwajang (heat closet), it will probably be o.k.

many thanks Bluelake for the clear instructions.

Thumbs up

You're very welcome.

Thumbs up