Topic: Clubs in the UK

Does any one know of a club in the UK for Korean traditional archery?

Thumbs up

Re: Clubs in the UK

Are there any?

Thumbs up

Not to my knowledge, Bob.

Thumbs up

Although there are no clubs that I'm aware of, there are many people in the UK who practice KTA.  Here is one group based in the UK where you might find others who shoot this style: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sptasec … mp;fref=ts

Thumbs up

~HUN~ wrote:

Not to my knowledge, Bob.

Thanks for your response, HUN.   Even though I have drawn a blank, so far, I must persevere until I can find a suitable range.   Then, I shall not mind being a club or group of one!

Thumbs up

bluelake wrote:

Although there are no clubs that I'm aware of, there are many people in the UK who practice KTA.  Here is one group based in the UK where you might find others who shoot this style: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sptasec … mp;fref=ts

Thanks for the info, bluelake.    There is an enquiry out with this society and I await a response.

Thumbs up

Bob wrote:
bluelake wrote:

Thanks for the info, bluelake.    There is an enquiry out with this society and I await a response.

Good luck with it!  I hope you are able to find some like-minded people.

Thumbs up

Good luck with the SPTA, I don't know if things have changed with them, if not, only a Traditional Korean Bow (as in true hornbow) will suffice. I looked at this society a few years ago, when getting short shrift from the usual suspects (GNAS, IFAA, NFAS) they were keen on traditional materials for bows, strings, arrows et al.
Not too many places suitable for a 145m target, other than Clout or similar, roving marks for instance. You should find a welcome with Clout archers but you will still have no category and therefore confined to informal meets.
I've just looked at their website, it looks revamped and it seems a lot busier than it was. Hilary Greenland is a member of this forum and I know that she has attended the WTAF (competed with Carole Edwards of Carolearchery in the team event.)
I used to get my wooden shafts from Carole and she brought a Hwarang back with her. She loved the bow, found transition to thumb release very awkward and chuckled as she told me that it didn't want to shoot close targets  wink
Please be sure to let us know the outcome of this one.

Thumbs up +1

~HUN~ wrote:

Good luck with the SPTA, I don't know if things have changed with them, if not, only a Traditional Korean Bow (as in true hornbow) will suffice. I looked at this society a few years ago, when getting short shrift from the usual suspects (GNAS, IFAA, NFAS) they were keen on traditional materials for bows, strings, arrows et al.
Not too many places suitable for a 145m target, other than Clout or similar, roving marks for instance. You should find a welcome with Clout archers but you will still have no category and therefore confined to informal meets.
I've just looked at their website, it looks revamped and it seems a lot busier than it was. Hilary Greenland is a member of this forum and I know that she has attended the WTAF (competed with Carole Edwards of Carolearchery in the team event.)
I used to get my wooden shafts from Carole and she brought a Hwarang back with her. She loved the bow, found transition to thumb release very awkward and chuckled as she told me that it didn't want to shoot close targets  wink
Please be sure to let us know the outcome of this one.

Thanks for the continuing support, Hun.  I, recently, met Carol and she has agreed to assist me, already.   I am looking forward to next week when we begin, in earnest.

Thumbs up

Have you had any luck finding a club?

Thumbs up

It is a pity that in Europe is not very common in this art. Yes, of course you can proxy to participate in other clubs, but I would like to have in the neighborhood of interested people.

Thumbs up