1 (edited by tonygt19 2013-07-30 13:56:02)

Topic: 70 lb @ 28" YMG Hwarang for sale, 48 inches long unstrung

I'm putting up my 70lb Hwarang for sale. This was a relatively new acquisition from YMG through Bluelake. It has been used sparingly because I haven't re-served the double serving on the string yet. It comes with the usual silk bowsock. It is like new and is a very fast and powerful bow. It is overkill for nearly everything unless you want to hunt grizzly bears or shoot for flight distance. It IS fun though watching lit nocked arrows disappear into a bale of straw and reappear on the other side as if they hadn't noticed it was there. According to forum member Ginni's graphs , http://www.koreanarchery.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=232 , the comparable SMG 70lb standard draws to over 95 lb of useful force at 33 inches. The price is $495 firm. Shipping will be extra via UPS. It would be shipped from the York, PA area in the US.

Post's attachments

70lbHw+ labela-small.jpg 255.92 kb, 1 downloads since 2013-07-30 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thumbs up

Re: 70 lb @ 28" YMG Hwarang for sale, 48 inches long unstrung

Wow, maybe a year from now I could take you up on this but I don't think my wife would go for it at this time. I don't even know if I could draw it but it sure would be fun to shoot.

Thumbs up

I think it's great for hunting big wild hogs that are more than 200 lbs.  Those critters have a thick layer of shielding.  So a powerful bow and very sharp broadheads are called for.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the comments !
Chadwk,
If you can pull a 45 lb bow  comfortably with a Korean style draw to 31 to 33 inches, it takes about a month of practice drawing the 70 pounder every day for 3 sets of 8-10 pulls before you can easily do the same with it. But it does work. Your release will be cleaner. Arrows fly much flatter and farther. And if you do progress to the longer pulls this bow will reward you with more smooth power up to the mid 80's around 32 inches.

Warbow,
Launching a long heavy hunting arrow from a mid 80-90lb draw should certainly do the trick on a wild boar. I've never hunted one but I have heard the shield is a very real problem for bowhunters.

Thumbs up +1

I can shoot my 65lb recurve all day so it would just be a matter of getting used to shooting the weight with a thumb draw. My wife on the other hand says no go. I tried to convince her that she could shoot my KTB but she still said no.

You seem to have quite a collection of bows.

Chad

Thumbs up +1

6 (edited by WarBow 2013-07-22 20:09:00)

Tony,

That's correct.  The poundage is about right for wild hogs.  To summarize bowhunters need the following specs for wild hogs hunt:

(1) arrow arrows (at least 600 grains);
(2) scary sharp broadheads (single bevel ones seem like a better choice for breaking bones);
(3) high poundage (at least 70 pounds).

Thumbs up

Chad,

Is it a budget issue with the wifey?   big_smile

I hope something will work out, and nothing like this will come out:

http://www.break.com/video/you-ll-never … an-2495372

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Chadwck wrote:

I can shoot my 65lb recurve all day so it would just be a matter of getting used to shooting the weight with a thumb draw. My wife on the other hand says no go. I tried to convince her that she could shoot my KTB but she still said no.

Chad

Thumbs up

Chadwck wrote:

Chad

Your wife is right. This is definitely a luxury item. No one needs a bow that can blow the dust off an elephants ears at fifty yards. We guys just like saying we have one. For my part I'm intrigued with mechanical performance. I've collected bows of ancient design in the 45 and 70 lb range just to test how good they actually are. I'm so annoyed at reading that a bow is "blazing fast" in a test report or that it "launches an arrow with authority". What the hell does that mean? So I got myself a chronograph to make actual measurements. But the Salukis took 18 months to show up. Now we're in the gov "sequester" ( I'm a federal employee) and I ran into some unexpected medical bills. So the ear dusters must go. I can tell you that this bow easily shoots arrows with a 28 " draw past 220 ft /sec.

Thumbs up

Tony,

Are you shooting 9 9 grains/lb?

Thumbs up

WarBow wrote:

Tony,

Are you shooting 9 9 grains/lb?

With the heavier draw bow the arrows come out to 6.6 gns/lb. They aren't flying very straight in the first 20 yards so better tuned arrows should go significantly faster.

Thumbs up

Note:
This bow is no longer for sale.

Thumbs up