Topic: Kaya Windfighter Questions

Thanks for welcoming me to the discussion board. 

I looked at the Kaya KTB, Khan, & WindFighter online.  I don't like the arrow shelf or limited draw length of the Kahn, and the paisley wraps on the KTB are not so appealing.  So that leaves me with the Windfighter and a few questions:

(1) Is the Kaya Windfighter modeled after the Hwarang (their profiles look identical online), and is it comparable to the Hwarang in performance?  .
(2) What are the Kaya Windfighter laminations made of (carbon, etc...)?
(3) How much does the Kaya Windfighter cost?
(4) Is the Kaya Windfighter sold in the U.S.?  It seems to only be available in Europe, and it was also missing from Kaya's 2012 catalogue.
(5) How should I go about purchasing the Kaya Windfighter if I choose to do so?

Thank you for giving me a moment of your time.
Kindest Regards,
David

Thumbs up +1

Re: Kaya Windfighter Questions

David,

I talked with Freddie this past weekend (spent the past two days with him lecturing and teaching Korean trad) and can answer a couple questions.  One is that the Windfighter and KTB are, structurally, the same bow; they are only different cosmetically.  The other thing being, there is one exclusive seller of the bow and that company sells primarily in Europe, but can sell in other countries.  The Windfighter (and other Korean trad laminated bows) is modeled after the Korean horn bow. 

Regarding the KTB--Freddie told me that, starting next year, it will have a new look: simulated birch bark and leather handle wrap.

T

DFH wrote:

Thanks for welcoming me to the discussion board. 

I looked at the Kaya KTB, Khan, & WindFighter online.  I don't like the arrow shelf or limited draw length of the Kahn, and the paisley wraps on the KTB are not so appealing.  So that leaves me with the Windfighter and a few questions:

(1) Is the Kaya Windfighter modeled after the Hwarang (their profiles look identical online), and is it comparable to the Hwarang in performance?  .
(2) What are the Kaya Windfighter laminations made of (carbon, etc...)?
(3) How much does the Kaya Windfighter cost?
(4) Is the Kaya Windfighter sold in the U.S.?  It seems to only be available in Europe, and it was also missing from Kaya's 2012 catalogue.
(5) How should I go about purchasing the Kaya Windfighter if I choose to do so?

Thank you for giving me a moment of your time.
Kindest Regards,
David

Thumbs up

T,

Thank you for the update - sounds good.  I'll hang on until the new KTB is released next year.  In the meantime, I've purchased tools and a kit to get myself started.

BR,
David

Thumbs up

Wind Fighter is now available on ebay and/or Andover Archery, Andover, Connecticut. 
                                                                           Will

Thumbs up