1 (edited by lcooper 2014-06-12 02:20:39)

Topic: Hwarang bow to trade

Hello all.

I bought a Hwarang bow secondhand. It is beautiful and barely has any wear and tear. It is 55# @ 28". It does not draw as long as I thought it would, and considering I was expecting an easy 33" draw I was wrong. It is made for a shorter person who draws around 31" or less.

I am looking to trade this bow for any other bow of equal or similar poundage but with a guaranteed LONG drawlength. I am almost 6'3" so I cannot deal with a 31 inch drawlength if I want to pull to my ear. I suspect that this Hwarang bow is of normal length therefore it doesn't fit me since I am above normal in body dimensions.

Or, I will sell it for the amount that I paid for it since I haven't shot it yet--only just pulled it back. I will ask for $299 plus shipping.

Thumbs up

Re: Hwarang bow to trade

You need to keep in mind that you are likely holding 70-75lbs at 33 inches. I have a 48

Thumbs up

Re: Hwarang bow to trade

Interpolating with ginni's charts, 55#@28" is 77#@33"

http://www.koreanarchery.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=232

Switching to a longer bow isn't the solution, the force draw curves look almost identical (the SMG longs have similar curves to standard bows), you just need to buy a bow low enough in poundage so you end up with a manageable weight at 33"

Thumbs up