Topic: Correct spine

Hi, im looking for advice about matching arrows. Im a happy owner of Kaya Windfighter 55# and i dont know which spine I've should look for. On some websites I've seen that i should use arrows around 85-90# but I've heard that when im shooting with a thumbring correct spine is not that important... What's true? And another thing is normal wooden arrows are not available(in a most of shops...) in that spine... I've found arrows for English Warbows that are matching but they have a big diameter, 13-15 mm, can i use them with shooting korean style or should I look for something thinner? I've fought about bamboo arrows but because of rules of my archery club i can't use them(because it's registered as barebow recurve), only wooden ones and bamboo isn't a wood, its a weed or something like that... It would be amazing if someone wrote something like "KTA for a dummies":-P

Thumbs up

Re: Correct spine

What club are you a member of, is it Target or Field?
This is a non issue, your bow should come under Traditional but another beauty for you to consider is that using a thumb ring could place you in the Compound Unlimited class due to the use of a release 'aid'.
Use bamboo, something around 60lbs should be ok, depends on the tip weight and let them tell you categorically that bamboo is not allowed. Argue your case, bamboo has no ban that I am aware of (it's very recent if it is) and ask why bamboo backing is allowed on Longbows. Things tend to get interesting then wink

Thumbs up

Re: Correct spine

Its target, mostly focused on olimpic ways of shooting. We have few guys using longbows but its small % of a club. Before me joining them most of them didn't even know how shooting with a thumbring look like(beside what they've seen on yt i think), funny thing is they didn't take me too seriously until I've got silver award at fita 30 championship at barebow recurve, its not that good because there was only 7 guys beside me there, but they've had a lot more experience than me but still... I'll ask about bamboo arrows when we have a training this friday maybe they'll allow it, for now im using easton xx75 and few wooden arrows of unknown yet spine( i don't have time to check them:\) From what I remember they won't let me use bamboo arrows only on championships and when we shoot indoors because of safety or something like that. Bad thing is that my english sucks so i can't argue with them that much:\

Thumbs up +1