Topic: Made a bow rack (single)...

I've been looking for a way to keep my new (and favorite) bow safe, and I came up with an EXTREMELY inexpensive solution that looks better than any other bow rack I've seen.  Essentially, I found some wooden curtain rod holders at Lowes for $7.99 (pair), then some felt to line the inside ($2.99).  Anyway, I just thought I'd share.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-tzCveBLzfyM/UmwmzzmOSuI/AAAAAAAAAPo/GsHnzBkth5U/w440-h330-p/IMAG0202.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-PBDihjVq7kM/UmwmyAUSFxI/AAAAAAAAAPg/_WXOx5iuJIY/w440-h330-p/IMAG0201.jpg

Thumbs up +3

Re: Made a bow rack (single)...

That looks gorgeous and economical  big_smile !

Thumbs up +1

3 (edited by misterwonky 2013-10-27 03:55:47)

WarBow wrote:

Thanks!  I realized that the felt looks like it's hanging past the edges in the photo.... They are actually perfectly flush, but I got the "felt blankets" from Lowes, and the cushioning is crazy thick (some sort of light play going on).  I may take a proper photo of them in a day or two.

I think it'd be easy to modify the hooks for arrows (maybe grooves or holes).  I am going to stain and wax a dowel and have it protruding one of the sides for my thumbring.  I still have to figure out a better string solution though hmm....anyone have any ideas for string storage?

Thumbs up

misterwonky wrote:
WarBow wrote:

Thanks!  I realized that the felt looks like it's hanging past the edges in the photo.... They are actually perfectly flush, but I got the "felt blankets" from Lowes, and the cushioning is crazy thick (some sort of light play going on).  I may take a proper photo of them in a day or two.

I think it'd be easy to modify the hooks for arrows (maybe grooves or holes).  I am going to stain and wax a dowel and have it protruding one of the sides for my thumbring.  I still have to figure out a better string solution though hmm....anyone have any ideas for string storage?

They look great.  Are you selling them?

Thumbs up

I have suede and padding holding the arrows in [The URL needs to be fixed] (fits 6 arrows in the main quiver). It's actually a little too tight and I'm hoping it'll loosen some with use

Thumbs up

Blackcat345 .........................................................Bluelake!!!!!!!! yikes

Thumbs up

Yes?

Thumbs up

Click on the pdf file

Thumbs up

It set off my anti-virus...

Thumbs up

ut oh!....................... yikes