1 (edited by NickAntz 2015-08-23 06:17:09)

Topic: Easton Eclipse 2315 for KTB#60 48'

Hello, I am relatively new to archery. In my hometown there are no clubs or experienced archers. I was shooting free style, mediterranean short draw for some 4-5 years very occasionally. Only before some 9 months or so did I study the Korean style. In this months with the help of a friend in facebook I have end up choosing what I think to be the best arrows for my close range target practice: the Easton Eclipse 2315 31-32 inches, 80gr field points, 3x 3 inch feathers. I have been shooting them for 2-3 months now and are holding. Before I shot the GameGetters but they would bend easily due to alloy or spine. In close range the 60lbs bow is torture for any arrow. In my draw it's about 58 pounds force. Do you shoot close range 15-30m? What arrows do you use and how do they manage? Do you prefere aluminum?

Thumbs up

2 (edited by Pedro C 2015-08-23 06:34:45)

Re: Easton Eclipse 2315 for KTB#60 48'

Welcome

I use a relatively slow 50#@30 in (I draw to 31" or so) hungarian-style fiberglass and bamboo bow, with thumb draw, with the heaviest/stiffest Easton gamegetters I could get, 2018 or something I think, and 200gr points, 5.5" triple shield feathers. I went shooting today for about 2 hours, one of them stuck very hard to wood behind the target but it didn't bend significantly.

I also have a few arrows spined 55-60, port orford cedar, that I haven't shot much, from 3 rivers archery. The nocks were a lot looser than on the easton arrows...

I shoot around 15-40m

From what I've read, with correct technique/hand torque, spine doesn't matter much?

edit: what the hell, my post got cut off after the security question...

Aluminum is okay as long as it doesn't bend. I think my ideal would be something like birch or some other dense hardwood (palm?) for heavy arrows, bamboo for a lighter arrow for longer ranges, maybe meadowsweets or similar arrows from shoots?

Earlier, I had made arrows from 33" bamboo I had gotten spined for 45-50 from ebay. 200gr screw-in points, I just drilled on the thicker(?) side and then drilled the points in with a little gorilla glue and then hand fletched with scissor cut large, very helical fletchings and gorilla glue. I made the nocks by filing and then wrapping nylon cord below/across the nocks. They flew very straight but a lot of them split at the front or lost their heads after pulling from the hay.. the heads weren't very straight with the shaft either. I feel like the brass ones that are like glue-in points but with screw indentations inside would be best

Re: Easton Eclipse 2315 for KTB#60 48'

Thank you for your welcome. From my little experience I think 2018 with 200gr points are underspined for 53 pounds. But I am not in a position to stand behind this. I am new to all this spine measurement etc. When I tested my bows for spineage I didn't use torque technic. I do now but my arrows are all flesched so I can't trust them for spine testing.
I didn't know that torque cancels spine. Can anyone answer Pedro's  question on torque vs spine.
If I get the chance I'll test my old GG with torque (if I have any GG left).

Thumbs up