Topic: New Hwarang

I just received my new Hwarang and man is it a rocket. My old bow is a 50@31 kaya and the Hwarang is 60@28. The Hwarang is a bit louder than the Kaya is there any way I can fix that?

Bow season starts here tuesday and with any luck I'll be posting pictures of my new rocket between the antlers of a bull elk.

Thanks
Chad

Thumbs up

2 (edited by Pedro C 2015-09-08 06:52:23)

Re: New Hwarang

Awesome!

Hmm... about the noise... maybe smaller fletchings? Or the arrows aren't stiff enough. Maybe a different string?

Can't wait for some pictures!!!

Thumbs up

Unfortunately I have no photos. The elk rut started late this year and totally missed bow season.i will have a chance in December as there is a late deer season.
On another note I got to speed test the girl today. My bow is 60@28 and I draw to around 31

Thumbs up

Why do my posts get cut off? Shooting a 396 grain arrow my hwarang came in at 227 ft per second and my 50@31 Kaya came in at 202 shooting the same arrows.

Thumbs up

Can I ask you? With such a heavy bow (60@28 must be over 70@31) do you have the perfect form and draw calmness? Don't you have any shake duo to drawing near your limits? Watch my hands how much they shake: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you … A6DxMG9_HU

Thumbs up

Chadwck wrote:

My bow is 60@28 and I draw to around 31

Nice power smile How size / long is this bow and how is its maximum draw length? My Hwarang Jung-gung (50") had 50# @ 28", 61# @ 31", 70# @ 33".

@NickAntz
Interesting video Nick, nice compare. I saw how you string hand returns / move back / follow the arrow (sorry for my English, I do not how to call it) at the moment of before shot.

Thumbs up

dziki wrote:

Interesting video Nick, nice compare. I saw how you string hand returns / move back / follow the arrow (sorry for my English, I do not how to call it) at the moment of before shot.

Thanks. Yes I have the habit of that. I didn't even know it. I'll remember to correct it next session and see how it goes.

Thumbs up

9 (edited by dziki 2015-09-23 08:09:23)

sorry Chadwck for offtopic

I had the same. In my case, this mistake is the string hand it was a few things.
The first and most important - I enforce shoot opening fingers instead loosen them;
Uncomfortable (mismatched) thumb ring - ring to loose, had a narrow thong, bowstring falling on finger;
Too short arrows - all the time instead of the target i was looking at the tip so as not to fall on with bow.
Maybe to strong bow but I do not thing so.

Thumbs up

10 (edited by Ojki 2015-09-23 13:48:28)

i bought another hwarang YMG from Bluelake two weeks ago...75# at 28...90-95# at 33"...a little bit strong , but im taming it
My old korean bow, 65# at 28" bought from Mr.Kwons family, brokes lower limb because overdraw...
I will post some photos when returns at home
sorry for my english, is so bad...i hope you understand me

Thumbs up

Nick,
I only start to shake if I hold ten seconds or longer but even then it is more of a wobble. I feel it's because of the short stature of the bows. I don't find it effects my accuracy though.

Dziki,
Both my bows are 48-49" tip to tip. I draw my KTB just over 32" and should be there with my Hwarang by spring. I think the max draw length for both of them is around 33.

Thumbs up +1

Chadwck wrote:

Why do my posts get cut off? Shooting a 396 grain arrow my hwarang came in at 227 ft per second and my 50@31 Kaya came in at 202 shooting the same arrows.

I believe it is some sort of bug with the "stop spam bots question" where you have to fill in "the korean bow is backed with ___"

Pedro, are you filling in the answer to the question? neutral

Thumbs up

It's a computer issue. Doesn't work on my Mac but works fine on my iPad.

Thumbs up

Oh ya I was shooting 236ft with my hunting tips which are only 100gr instead of my 125 field tips.

Thumbs up

16 (edited by Pedro C 2015-09-24 23:26:43)

WillScarlet wrote:

Pedro, are you filling in the answer to the question? neutral

Yes neutral neutral (with "sinew", should it be "birch bark"?)
It seems to cut off when there is a quote. Sometimes it doesn't cut off posts, probably because of the lack of such characters. The question appears to be asked randomly or after a period of inactivity. When it is not asked there are no cut offs. Maybe the text string isn't being escaped properly or something, or some sort of regex that tries to remove spammy substrings is applied

Just mark and copy your text when done. If cut off edit and paste.

Thumbs up

Pedro, sinew is the correct answer. Since I have been on this forum, I believe procedure has changed at least once, if not more. Currently, when you go to post a reply/message you will be taken to the "spam bot" question. If answered correctly, your post is summited. I'm not having any problems right now, but in the past, sometimes only a part of my reply would be posted. So I've taken to "copy" (so I can "paste") and Preview it BEFORE I hit the "Submit" button. Saves having to rewrite the whole thing over again.

Thumbs up