Topic: Bow torque stuff

Why is a narrow bow that can be twisted better for doing the

2 (edited by Pedro C 2015-09-24 14:47:54)

Re: Bow torque stuff

security question cut off my post again. At the quote.

Why is a narrow bow that can be twisted better for doing the "bow torque"? Can't it be done with a more wide-limbed bow?

Is it really hard to do it consistently to get good accuracy?

Just how slight is the CCW twist?

Got "trigger finger" on my bow hand little finger and it's been sore for months

Arrows still mostly point to the left when they hit the target, and fly to the right. I grip the bow almost from the side (force against the thumb bone) and try to push it so the top limb bends more. But it seems to require a lot of strength

Thanks for all the information!

Re: Bow torque stuff

Pedro C wrote:

security question cut off my post again. At the quote.

Why is a narrow bow that can be twisted better for doing the "bow torque"? Can't it be done with a more wide-limbed bow?

Is it really hard to do it consistently to get good accuracy?

Just how slight is the CCW twist?

Got "trigger finger" on my bow hand little finger and it's been sore for months

Arrows still mostly point to the left when they hit the target, and fly to the right. I grip the bow almost from the side (force against the thumb bone) and try to push it so the top limb bends more. But it seems to require a lot of strength

Thanks for all the information!

When you grip the bow handle, your bottom 3 fingers should not touch your palm.  Around 1 to .5cm gap between them.  This is for Korean grip, and it helps torquing the bow.  If you just grip the bow western or other styles, grip the bow lightly, and when full draw, you twist your wrist CCW slightly. 
You can hear whether arrows hit the limb or not.  When shoots perectly, it should make no sound.  Shoot your arrow at 2m distance, and see whether the arrow hit the target straight.  If it does, move back to 3m, and try it again.  If it does not hit straight, its either your release or the spine of arrows do not match.

Thumbs up +1