Topic: Twisted siyah on a SMG

Hi there,

I own a 45# SMG artificial horn bow for few years. I noticed recently that the siyah of the upper limb is slightly twisting on the right at full draw (I'm right handed, using a thumb ring).

Attached is a picture of this.

Does any of you know if this is a normal behavior or not? Or a know problem with this type of bows?

Thanks for you advices,

Olivier

Post's attachments

DSC_0386_light.jpg 1.48 mb, 2 downloads since 2014-10-31 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thumbs up

Re: Twisted siyah on a SMG

Olivier--many Korean bows have what I long ago termed a "Korean tiller", tilting slightly toward the arrow side.  If the string lowers back squarely onto the string bridge (and not off to the side), your bow is probably just fine.

Thumbs up

My SMG horn laminate also has both siyahs bent slightly towards the right

Thumbs up

4 (edited by Olivier Coulazou 2014-11-01 13:05:42)

I feel bettter, thanks!

Still, the upper limb bends more than the lower one. Also on the upper side, the string lowers back slightly on the right (arrow side) of the center of the string bridge. I often recenter the string by hand before shooting.

Thumbs up

Salut Olivier, I use a Kaya for flight and short distance shooting and it displayed similar behaviour to what you describe here. If you work the bow from new it shouldn't disalign later. Once it's happened though you can still realign by twisting it while warm (that is between shots). Worked fine for me. Bonne chance, mon vieux.

Thumbs up