1 (edited by Pedro C 2016-07-22 19:12:49)

Topic: do all Korean archers use a fully collapsed wrist?

or do some use a medium wrist with most of the bow's pressure nearer to the web of the hand? or should the bow's belly's pressure always go along and then on the thumb bone inside the hand?

was it always this way? would a fully collapsed wrist be more repeatable? possibly more accuracy?

What I have noticed is that some Korean archers do a minimal amount of bow rotation or torque, or none at all

Also, low vs. high wrist also changes how the limbs of the bow bend as the bow is drawn, collapsed is like gripping it lower, I imagine making the lower limb bend more???? or less. I think proper grip and nocking point (drawing) position is important so that the limbs are timed: the arrow flies straight and there is no handshock from one limb reaching brace before the other.. but it seems rather hard to know whether the limbs are timed besides maybe just trial and error, felt handshock. even seeing the arrow hit tail straight up/down doesn't seem like enough

Re: do all Korean archers use a fully collapsed wrist?

edited

Re: do all Korean archers use a fully collapsed wrist?

lumenocks  cool

I use a straight wrist. Try with a lumenock and a long exposure photo at night and you will see what works best and where to place the nock. 10 USD  is more than worth it for the information you gain instead of guessing, searching the web ad asking on forums.

Thumbs up