Topic: Vermil Archery thumb rings?

What's the opinion on Vermil Archery thumbrings? Has anyone here used them?

Here's where I found them:

http://www.vermilarchery.com/
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_ … thumb+ring

Thumbs up

Re: Vermil Archery thumb rings?

Hi, a friend ordered some of them through Cinnabar Bow, should be arriving soon. I'll write a review when I got mine.

I love my el cheapo plastic Korean rings, just a perfect fit and durable too.

Thumbs up

I use a Vermil Victory from Justin Ma that's a little big, padded the inside with leather. Much better than the Vermil Classic IMO

I have a plastic and a brass one. The plastic is perfect up to around 40lbs, then it shows some elasticity and that is hard on my joint. The brass is very nice, only a little heavy, but a nice feeling.

Thumbs up

Use them and love them.   I haven't had any issues, I have the black plastic Victory Rings.

My only bit of advice.  Since the shipping time is long, order the size you think you need from there charts and a size smaller.  you'll want 2 rings anyways since you'll find that your thumb changes size slightly with the seasons and how much your shooting so having the different ring helps keep the good fit.

Thumbs up

6 (edited by Pedro C 2016-07-30 01:41:16)

Just ordered a cheap plastic vernier caliper from Ebay because I want to order ottoman and manchu rings, I guess you don't need the fancy calipers to measure your thumb.

My plastic Vermil Victory is fine even with my 60lbs hornbow, though it has leather. I should try it with no leather padding on the thumb pad side and rather shimming on the outside of the thumb and report back..

7 (edited by geoarcher 2016-08-01 23:02:42)

Mine just came in today:

http://i.imgur.com/OfRGSap.jpg

It got stuck at the ICS but lemme tell you it was well worth the wait.  I went with the silver model and just used it with the Crim Tatar, the one that's like 70 lbs. in draw weight and my thumb was not screaming for mercy like it usually is with the horn ring from Koreanbows.com or the plastic ones that were being sold over at Cinnabar.  Its also without doubt the most perfect fit I have for a ring to date.  It stays in place quite well after each loose yet doesn't choke my thumb in any way.  Tells me that the design is probably as good as it gets.

The packaging too was even very nice and it comes with a really nice velvet red suede pouch.  Its top notch stuff, reasonably priced and probably where most should go off the bat to get their ring from at the moment.

Thumbs up

I have a brass classic (ordered before the silver came out) and yeah I agree with everything geoarcher says. Fits better than any other ring and metal rings are definitely the way to go with heavier bows (I shoot 60). I'm waiting for them to release a silver victory

Thumbs up

Does anyone knows why the plastic rings have different sizes than the metallic ones? I have a plastic one: 19x21, and it is a perfect fit (small hands). I want to buy a mettalic one, but the sizes are: 18.5x21.5 and 19.5x22.5 ... Which one should I buy?  hmm

Thumbs up

Have you asked Vermil yet?  He could probably better advise.

Thumbs up

11 (edited by Pedro C 2016-09-29 19:25:51)

use calipers i guess
"I guess" because I suspect it isn't enough information about the thumb, the thumb ring has to rotate and fit on the joint not too tightly
the best way would be to test several of them if possible...
no idea why metal come in different sizes