1 (edited by Krebal18 2017-10-19 13:52:27)

Topic: Linkboy arrows

Hi!

First post  smile

Ordered a set of 12 32" (which is max for these) sp500 arrow shafts from hotm666 (same seller as bowhunter1809) on eBay. Good seller. Took 1.5 months for shipping but nothing broken. Shafts are $39 for 12 pc incl shipping to Sweden. Search for linkboy carbon shafts on eBay and you'll find them.

The shafts are available in wood skin, bamboo skin and black. I ordered wood skin, they look pretty nice, with clear coat on.

I asked at my local bow store who were kind enough to measure up 11 of them with a bearpaw arrow analyzer. These are the results. Note that 10 and 11 are the same arrow.

https://preview.ibb.co/mAVw1R/20171019_142216.jpg

Haven't actually shot much with them yet though.

I'm thinking that weight differences might be due to differing thickness of clear coat. I'm going to buy black shafts next to see if weight difference is better.

Included nocks, points and inserts were all good. Nocks and inserts could differ around 1 grain, points differed up to around 3 grains if I remember correctly. Turkey feathers from same seller were good as well.

Thumbs up

Re: Linkboy arrows

Hi !

First post   smile

There is an extra introduction section, if you like (General Discussions-> New member introduction).

... on eBay

I avoid eBay, always afraid of getting a WLAN cable instead ... big_smile

How long are your arrows ?
I have some Carbon arrows, but beyond 31", the selection gets rather small.

And I like to participate in 3D tournaments some times, where I'm required to use wood/bamboo arrows in my bow class.
So, I rarely shoot with carbon nowadays.

Thumbs up

This seller seems good and reliable. Good feedback and knows his wares. My arrows are 32", that's the longest he has.

I'm also going to shoot wood/bamboo due to competition rules. It's a bit of a hassle since I prefer the ease of shooting carbons smile where do you buy your wood/bamboo arrows/shafts?

Thumbs up

My arrows are 32", that's the longest he has.

This seems to be a common problem with carbon arrows.
The "Maximal Carbon Arrow EDGE" (mentioned in another thread) and certain Njora shaft are a few I know to be at least 33".

where do you buy your wood/bamboo arrows/shafts?

Arrowforge.de is a quite good supplier, but he has no english version of his site AFAIK.
Peter Dekker at manchuarchery.org sells bamboo shafts, but if I can choose, I prefer the closest supplier ...

Not sure about the situation in Sweden (where you are from, if I understand correctly).

I am still in the "setup" phase, which means I shoot a low draw weight (25..30#), "technique over distance/power".
And for tournaments, I use cedar (Port Orford Cedar), having a weight about 20 gramms for 32" and 35-40# bare shafts.
Arrow weight is then 24 gramm (about 375 grain), compared to 30..32 gramm for bamboo.

Thumbs up

are the shafts 32", or the whole arrow? I'd need the shafts to be 32". Would be nice if I could find inexpensive, ~700 spine, low gpi (light), 32" shafts for my 30#@32" segye bow

The "Maximal Carbon Edge" arrows mentioned in another thread would probably fit your description.
Factory length is 33", spines ranges from 800 to 300, with a weight of 4.9gpi for the 700 variant.

Thumbs up +1

7 (edited by Krebal18 2017-10-25 18:34:13)

Linkboy bare shafts are 32", without point or nock. Measured three of them getting 81.4, 81.3, 81.3 cm (32"=81.28cm). GPI is specified at 7.4 for sp500 (7.34 to 7.56 in reality)

Ragnar, how are the arrowforge woodies in consistency? (grouping, weight, spine) And have you tried the maximal edges?

Thumbs up

Ragnar, how are the arrowforge woodies in consistency? (grouping, weight, spine)

Quite good. One can order sets of 6 shafts, spined and weighted to +-0.5 gramm.
I ordered two sets, requesting the same weight range.
Checked them, and they were all within tolerance.
I broke a few of them, but the rest are my tournament arrows.
And the arrows are good enough for  me (as advanced beginner) I see no difference in grouping, compared to Carbon arrows.

And have you tried the maximal edges?

Not yet, but I plan to do this soon.
But a fellow archer at my club shoots them, and is quite satisfied.

Thumbs up