Topic: KTB I / KTB II vs TAEGEUK (no horn bows)

Hi guys.

It is my undesrtanding, the bows that contain horn material are very sensitives to the climatic environment (humidity, dryness, hot temperatura). So in this email is just contrained to no horn bows.

So. Is there anybody who has had de opportunitty to shoot a KTB I or II (really a don't know the differences among this two bows) and a TAEGEUK bows?. NOTE: I'm refering to the bows without horn material

It is my understanding Freddie Archery makes very good tdk´s but I'm not sure what among this three bows os the best option. I think it is a very personal perception. Well, what I expect is that you answer me with your experiences, it would be great if some of you has tested the three bows.

Best Regards.

Thumbs up

Re: KTB I / KTB II vs TAEGEUK (no horn bows)

All I can say is the old Kaya's and the SMG, Hwarang, and HMG are all good choices.  As I've said here plenty of times.  I'll likely never have experience with those other bow types unless my HMG and Hwarang break in the very near future.

Thumbs up

I have some experience with KTBs, albeit not sure what is meant with I and II. They use to be carbon/wood/carbon laminate bows, and as such very litte susceptible to climate (moisture, temperature) under normal circumstances. I have another wood/glass laminated horsebow that consistently and reversibly fails at high temperatures (>25°C).
Freddie's KTBs are quite robust and IMHO a very good value for money. The rest comes down to personal preferences, experiences, and aspirations.

Thumbs up

Recently bought a used Kaya KTB.  Can't wait for the weather to warm up enough to shoot outdoors (-5F this morning).  So, I'm practicing my draw indoors to get used to the 40# draw weight.

Thumbs up