76 (edited by JGH 2020-12-15 00:41:16)

Re: Which bow to Beginn KTA

In the shop somebody was asking if there is a difference between RH and LH bows, this is their answer translated by google in my language... :

Der linke und der rechte Bogen haben unterschiedliche Stärkepunkte, daher ist es richtig, sie separat zu verwenden. Unser Unternehmen stellt also den linken und den rechten Bogen getrennt her. Vielen Dank.

Thumbs up

http://skybowsports.com/achery_base/

Here you can find texts on how to shoot correctly....

Thumbs up

78 (edited by geoarcher 2020-12-15 01:00:29)

JGH wrote:

In the shop somebody was asking if there is a difference between RH and LH bows, this is their answer translated by google in my language... :

Der linke und der rechte Bogen haben unterschiedliche Stärkepunkte, daher ist es richtig, sie separat zu verwenden. Unser Unternehmen stellt also den linken und den rechten Bogen getrennt her. Vielen Dank.

Where in the shop is this exactly?  It might translate in English better.

Thumbs up

geoarcher wrote:
JGH wrote:

Where in the shop is this exactly?  It might translate in English better.

The 2nd link I posted, 3rd thread...

Thumbs up

JGH wrote:

No, I only found that page. If you look closer you will find that they offer 3 tyoes of bows in Korea. If you write them it would be great to get more infos...

Oh I just saw this.  I might try and write to them in Korean.  Not that I'm fluent but I am persistent.  Usually in these circumstances, they won't sell to you direct and if they do they want a bank wire transfer.  I absolutely refuse to do this because my bank is so bad at this.  I could write to them just for the heck of it though.

Thumbs up

Date 2019.09.23 the second one..

Thumbs up

JGH wrote:

Date 2019.09.23 the second one..

For some reason, none of my browsers will let me copy this.  Weird.  Oh well, in the meantime I'm going to write to them.

Thumbs up

Try Chrome with automatic translation KR to GBR

Thumbs up

84 (edited by JGH 2020-12-15 01:38:48)

Don't know if the Daylite Monarq is the same as the improved HMG. I don't think that they sell outside KR, as White Feather, Freddie and Daylite seem tk do a great job, at least for Europe. I would be interested if the WF forever carbon is the same as the improved HMG, means it has the HM carbon layer... or which of the other WF or Nomad models are based on the better HMG...

And a good translation of their texts on shooting would be great. The google translation is a bit.!?.!? /+%=

Thumbs up

85 (edited by geoarcher 2020-12-15 05:46:36)

JGH wrote:

Try Chrome with automatic translation KR to GBR

I'll try tomorrow.  I just sent them an email.  Should be interesting to see if they write anything back.

Thumbs up

The left and right bows have different strength points, so it is correct to use them separately. So our company produces the left and right arches separately. Many Thanks.

That's a translation of HMG reply ti the customers question....

My White Feather seems to be straight, while my Kayas top limb is a bit to the right.... Kaya shoots a lot more consistent, needs less torque. Thought that might be due to the lower poundage, but could as well be that the Kaya is actually is a RH bow...

Thumbs up

JGH wrote:

My White Feather seems to be straight, while my Kayas top limb is a bit to the right.... Kaya shoots a lot more consistent, needs less torque. Thought that might be due to the lower poundage, but could as well be that the Kaya is actually is a RH bow...

Sure, but regarding your Kaya, did you check for that before you started shooting it?

Thumbs up

88 (edited by JGH 2020-12-15 01:53:27)

geoarcher wrote:
JGH wrote:

Sure, but regarding your Kaya, did you check for that before you started shooting it?

Not really, could also be due to shooting, don't know. Limb tips are narrower than WF, but lot wider close to the handle.. But I have seen several posts where people say that the string does not pass in the middle of the top limb....

Thumbs up

Kaya 40lbs, (60lbs at 32) Handle 25mm, gets wider to 30mm then tapers to 18mm at the tip. WF 30lbs (42 at 33")  more or less constant 23mm from handle to tip...

Thumbs up

90 (edited by geoarcher 2020-12-15 02:19:52)

JGH wrote:

Kaya 40lbs, (60lbs at 32)

That's a huge leap btw.  The formula I use looks like this:

(rated draw weight)/(rated length - brace height)*(draw length - brace height)

Based on that I get 47.11111111111117 lbs@32".  That's of course assuming your Kaya is 40lb@28" and your brace height is either 5.5 or 6 inches.  For this result, I assumed it was 5.5 inches.  Even with 6 inches it would be within range of that.  But definitely not 60lbs.

Thumbs up

91 (edited by geoarcher 2020-12-15 05:44:30)

It might help to post the question and answer regarding the text that you ran through google translate:

활터 선배님들께 좌궁우궁 출전피만 붙이면 크게 상관없다고 하시는데 개량궁에서 큰 차이가 있나요?신고

좌궁과 우궁은 힘점이 달라서 따로 써야 하는게 맞습니다. 그래서 저희 회사에서는 좌궁, 우궁을 따로 제작을 합니다. 감사합니다.신고

I did run them both through google translate and few other translators.  While it seems this would be about 'Korean tiller' by just glancing over the translation, I think a more precise translation of the question and answer would help.  I'd ask bluelake for some help here but already bugged him about some other things requiring translation and don't want to bother people too much with this stuff.  I'll just leave it here and someone qualified maybe can chime in one day with a much more precise translation so we can better understand what is being discussed.

Thumbs up

geoarcher wrote:
JGH wrote:

Kaya 40lbs, (60lbs at 32)

That's a huge leap btw.  The formula I use looks like this:

(rated draw weight)/(rated length - brace height)*(draw length - brace height)

Based on that I get 47.11111111111117 lbs@32".  That's of course assuming your Kaya is 40lb@28" and your brace height is either 5.5 or 6 inches.  For this result, I assumed it was 5.5 inches.  Even with 6 inches it would be within range of that.  But definitely not 60lbs.

Yes that's the difference between theory and practise. Martin Spörries did a speed test with a 48" vs 52" Kaya (246 fps), both 60lbs. The 48 started to stack at full draw and had 90 lbs... Watch on YT....

Thumbs up

I find that 60lbs implausible, too.
Except he really pulls against the "wall", where nothing bends anymore.

Thumbs up

JGH wrote:

Martin Spörries....

Never heard of him.  Did YT search and nada.

Have to say again, this thread, completely hijacked.  Oh well.

Thumbs up

geoarcher wrote:
JGH wrote:

Martin Spörries....

Never heard of him.  Did YT search and nada.

Have to say again, this thread, completely hijacked.  Oh well.

https://youtu.be/OGBCs1UeaIs

Thumbs up

Well if the bows are rated around 60lbs at whatever draw length combined with with a light enough arrow then sure.

But I'd redo math for your bow rated at 40lbs.

Thumbs up

97 (edited by JGH 2020-12-15 15:45:07)

geoarcher wrote:

Well if the bows are rated around 60lbs at whatever draw length combined with with a light enough arrow then sure.

But I'd redo math for your bow rated at 40lbs.

In the same videos comment section you will find a comment from somebody who bought a 50" 60 lbs Kaya and measured 65lbs at 28 and 94lbs at 32,5", so a bit similar to mine 40 lbs at 28 and 60 lbs at 32. It has a sticker saying 40lbs, seems they adapted western standards, while the product description says that they measure at 30".. Still it seems not fully clear on how to measure draw length. In that video they at least show how they measured, but I'm not sure if they really had 34" arrows for the 52" to really shoot this one at max draw length....

Thumbs up

JGH wrote:

In the same videos comment section you will find a comment from somebody who bought a 50" 60 lbs Kaya and measured 65lbs at 28 and 94lbs at 32,5"

I see....

Gotta luv those 20+ pound increasing bows after 4 inches of draw.

Thumbs up

ragnar wrote:

I find that 60lbs implausible, too.
Except he really pulls against the "wall", where nothing bends anymore.

Just measured once again, 42lbs at 28, 64 at 32,4"  50"Kaya Black Cat 40lbs. Measured from nock to back of bow.

Schau dir mal die Kommentare in dem schweizer Video an...

Thumbs up

JGH wrote:

Just measured once again, 42lbs at 28, 64 at 32,4"  50"Kaya Black Cat 40lbs. Measured from nock to back of bow.

Schau dir mal die Kommentare in dem schweizer Video an...

So I take it you are using an actual luggage scale to get these results?

Thumbs up