Topic: Farmington Archery - Assassin

Hello folks,

My Black Shadow was stolen recently and I'm shopping for a replacement. Does anyone here have any experience with the Farmington Archery Assassin?

https://farmingtonarchery.com/index.php … uct_id=225

I haven't been able to find much info about Farmington Archery or this bow. It's supposedly a 53" carbon laminate. There's an unboxing vid @yt but it doesn't go much further than that. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

-felix

Thumbs up

Re: Farmington Archery - Assassin

felix8 wrote:

Hello folks,

My Black Shadow was stolen recently and I'm shopping for a replacement. Does anyone here have any experience with the Farmington Archery Assassin?

I haven't been able to find much info about Farmington Archery or this bow. It's supposedly a 53" carbon laminate. There's an unboxing vid @yt but it doesn't go much further than that. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

-felix

I don't.  There used to be yt videos made by a Korean archery group shooting them and that's all I really know or can say about them.  Are you trying to stay under 200 USD?

Thumbs up

3 (edited by felix8 2021-03-30 03:22:23)

geoarcher wrote:

I don't.  There used to be yt videos made by a Korean archery group shooting them and that's all I really know or can say about them.  Are you trying to stay under 200 USD?

Hey geoarcher, thanks for the reply.

I want to stay under 250usd. Leaning towards the Monarq right now but the gold wrap is just so ugly. Foam grip is a big plus tho and a bow's appearance is not the deciding factor for me.

Thumbs up

felix8 wrote:

Hey geoarcher, thanks for the reply.

I want to stay under 250usd. Leaning towards the Monarq right now but the gold wrap is just so ugly. Foam grip is a big plus tho and a bow's appearance is not the deciding factor for me.

Yeah that's what I was going to recommend, that is a Monarq.  As you probably know its HMG and my experience with their bows is positive.  I even reviewed the Monarq here and one other by them that I purchased years ago.  The wrapping on mine isn't gold rather its dark metallic gray and black but I purchased mine from ebay.  Grip is mostly fine I'd say, its not as thick as my other HMG but it feels good enough in the hand.  I actually wanted a Farmington years ago but now with HMG upping its products and making them more purchasable I'd easily recommend them over most others.  I doubt a Farmington would be much of a gamble and probably would easily satisfy.  I went with another HMG this time simply because it offered one of the longer draws you can get these days for a Korean bow.  Farmington seems to offer similar options but doesn't explicitly state max draw length for its bow.  So I just went with a known entity that specified all relevant info up front.  But I doubt you'd have a bad experience with the Farmington though.  Its probably worth a shot.

Thumbs up

geoarcher wrote:

Yeah that's what I was going to recommend, that is a Monarq.  As you probably know its HMG and my experience with their bows is positive.  I even reviewed the Monarq here and one other by them that I purchased years ago.  The wrapping on mine isn't gold rather its dark metallic gray and black but I purchased mine from ebay.  Grip is mostly fine I'd say, its not as thick as my other HMG but it feels good enough in the hand.  I actually wanted a Farmington years ago but now with HMG upping its products and making them more purchasable I'd easily recommend them over most others.  I doubt a Farmington would be much of a gamble and probably would easily satisfy.  I went with another HMG this time simply because it offered one of the longer draws you can get these days for a Korean bow.  Farmington seems to offer similar options but doesn't explicitly state max draw length for its bow.  So I just went with a known entity that specified all relevant info up front.  But I doubt you'd have a bad experience with the Farmington though.  Its probably worth a shot.

My Black Shadow was 53" and the draw felt quite stacky past 31". I'm really curious how these newer laminates pull. For an extra $50 I'm gonna go with the HMG Monarq. Like you said, more info up front about draw lengths and more history/reputation with the manufacturer. That's good to know about the smaller grip, thanks for the feedback.

Thumbs up

felix8 wrote:

My Black Shadow was 53" and the draw felt quite stacky past 31".

That does seem to happen too, that is longer jang-gung type bows not always having the elasticity needed to actually draw as long as they could.  My old shorter HMG at 51" can be drawn as long as my longer jang-gung grade YMG-Hwarang which is 52" long.  I can only get a max draw of about 32.5" out of the YMG-Hwarang.  ebay does have someone selling the Farmingtons so you could always ask but yeah I can easily vouch for HMGs having much elasticity to them and very obtainable long draws.  If its elasticity you're looking for, HMG is probably your best bet.

Thumbs up

felix8 wrote:

Hello folks,

-felix

To me, it looks quite similar to this bow:
https://www.bogentandler.at/en/white-fe … l-bow-7009
Not much online info to find about that bow and the company either.
I suppose it is just a brand for the European market, which might be true for Farmington either.

I'm having such a bow (just with fabric-covered limbs), and they are ok.
Good performance and robust, but small handle and relatively hard draw.

Thumbs up

ragnar wrote:

To me, it looks quite similar to this bow:
https://www.bogentandler.at/en/white-fe … l-bow-7009
Not much online info to find about that bow and the company either.
I suppose it is just a brand for the European market, which might be true for Farmington either.

I'm having such a bow (just with fabric-covered limbs), and they are ok.
Good performance and robust, but small handle and relatively hard draw.

Wow, that's really cheap. Never seen that bow before. I ended up ordering the Monarq.

Thanks for the feedback ragnar.

Thumbs up