Topic: Replacement bow limb skin

Hello, firstly i am sorry, english isn't my first language and i don't know the correct terms when it comes to bows yet.
I got my hands on an older KTB and it has some sort of skin on front, side and partly back of its limbs but it is damaged (improper storage, tears, bubbles and mold damage), bow limbs below it are fine, i've made new grip and got new bowstring and the bow shoots fine. Just from an aesthetics pov it is really sad. Do know what is the original name of this skin? Where could i order it? I've failed at googling. I saw some bows look like they have this skin from carbon, printed or embossed fabric, i'd like to have something like that. Those seem much more durable, but i still have no idea where to order them. Thank you

Thumbs up

2 (edited by ShinLa 2021-11-01 14:11:48)

Re: Replacement bow limb skin

What is the manufacturer and model of your bow? Older style KTBs made of wood, fish glue, and horn had birch bark limb covering to protect them.  More modern bows of wood and fiberglass laminate simulate the birch covering with other materials.
For the older construction you may have to have it repaired in Korea.  Modern KTB manufacturers may sell appropriate replacement coverings.

Thumbs up +1

Oic, so there is no eshop i could just order something to use?
Not sure what bow it is, there was no sticker or other marking, construction is just black and yellowish fiberglass with wood in the middle and wooden limb end reinforcement. The original skin didn't really look like birch bark, handle was just foam.

Thumbs up

this link may help:

http://www.koreanarchery.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=472

Thumbs up +1