1 (edited by bjarup 2011-10-23 16:26:47)

Topic: Draw technique ?

I was wondering.

Sometimes you see people hold the bow high over the head and drawing while pulling down. Other people draw like you would a ordinary recurve bow.

Which method is "correct" when drawing the Korean bow?

Does one method have any advantages over the other when using the Korean bow?  Strenght, power, stability, form?

Thumbs up

Re: Draw technique ?

bjarup wrote:

I was wondering.

Sometimes you see people hold the bow high over the head and drawing while pulling down. Other people draw like you would a ordinary recurve bow.

Which method is "correct" when drawing the Korean bow?

Does one method have any advantages over the other when using the Korean bow?  Strenght, power, stability, form?

The traditional way is to hold it over the head and then push the bow while drawing the string (it comes from the precept "Push the high mountain and pull the tiger's tail").  However, you see people do it in the way that is comfortable to them.

Thumbs up

I found this korean way uncomfortable when I shot in low position, at close range. I am feeling better by drawing directly to the target and the time for aiming is shorter. When I shoot at distance, like 145 meters, korean way works fine.

Thumbs up

ginni wrote:

I found this korean way uncomfortable when I shot in low position, at close range. I am feeling better by drawing directly to the target and the time for aiming is shorter. When I shoot at distance, like 145 meters, korean way works fine.

I found the same.

Thumbs up