Topic: New member... hello from CO/AK

I don't see a section for new member introductions so I'll just start here...
I was actually a (quiet) member of the goongdo yahoogroups mailing list for some time, but never really participated in much... I don't even know if that group is still active, since I don't use the email address I had anymore.
I am currently in Colorado, but getting ready to move back to Alaska in a couple of weeks, and I am looking forward to having the time and opportunity to get myself back into archery, and to get my kids introduced to the sport.
I have been interested in Korean archery for a while, in asiatic archery in general, really, but the Hwarang bows have really been calling my name lately, for some reason.
I'm planning to pick up a couple of bows, probably Samick or Kaya, for practice and for the kids, and I'm also considering a Hwarang bow in a heavier draw weight for hunting. The area I'll be moving to is bow-only for big game... which in Alaska is mosquitos and up.
Anyways, I thought I'd join the form and introduce myself... I'll be picking brains and making a general pest of myself with questions for a while. It looks like there is a lot of great experience and information to be gleaned here.

Cheers!

Dan

Thumbs up

Re: New member... hello from CO/AK

Welcome, Dan!  Good idea regarding an introductions section--I'll put one in.

Thumbs up

Re: New member... hello from CO/AK

1187shooter wrote:

I don't see a section for new member introductions so I'll just start here...
I was actually a (quiet) member of the goongdo yahoogroups mailing list for some time, but never really participated in much... I don't even know if that group is still active, since I don't use the email address I had anymore.
I am currently in Colorado, but getting ready to move back to Alaska in a couple of weeks, and I am looking forward to having the time and opportunity to get myself back into archery, and to get my kids introduced to the sport.
I have been interested in Korean archery for a while, in asiatic archery in general, really, but the Hwarang bows have really been calling my name lately, for some reason.
I'm planning to pick up a couple of bows, probably Samick or Kaya, for practice and for the kids, and I'm also considering a Hwarang bow in a heavier draw weight for hunting. The area I'll be moving to is bow-only for big game... which in Alaska is mosquitos and up.
Anyways, I thought I'd join the form and introduce myself... I'll be picking brains and making a general pest of myself with questions for a while. It looks like there is a lot of great experience and information to be gleaned here.

Cheers!

Dan

Hey Dan so how did the move to Alaska go? Have you been able to do any hunting with a traditional Korean Bow yet? I'd love to hear how that's going!

Thumbs up