Topic: Greetings from new member in Seoul, South Korea

Greetings, dear members of korean traditional archery forum

I'm Jayjung Lee, a 21-year old South Korean university student who will be discharged from military service in a week.
(Yes, due to its special national security environment, the country requires all legible male adults to serve in the military for about 2 years, mandatorily)

I've become interested in traditional korean archery since 2004, and started studying the archery mainly by reading books, papers, and visiting museums. During the process have had met Artisan Mr. Young-gi Yu, one of the few traditional fletchers in South Korea, and joined the ATARN forums to ask some questions regarding archery. I remember Mr. Duvernay answering some of my questions, and though briefly, I have also seen him at International Archery Festival held at Cheonahn, South Korea in 2007. But at that time, I believe Mr. Duvernay didn't recognize me.

And now that I'am about to be set free from the long service in the ROK army, I'm planning to start learning traditional korean archery at Salgogee-jeong(살곶이정), near Hanyang University in Seoul.(Yes, I attend this university)
I'm humbly looking forward to receive your valuable advice. Thank you.

Sinsigel

Thumbs up

Re: Greetings from new member in Seoul, South Korea

Salgogee-jeong, is it next to the river? Nice range. It was under construction when I was in ROK.

Thumbs up

Re: Greetings from new member in Seoul, South Korea

Sinsigel wrote:

Greetings, dear members of korean traditional archery forum

I'm Jayjung Lee, a 21-year old South Korean university student who will be discharged from military service in a week.
(Yes, due to its special national security environment, the country requires all legible male adults to serve in the military for about 2 years, mandatorily)

I've become interested in traditional korean archery since 2004, and started studying the archery mainly by reading books, papers, and visiting museums. During the process have had met Artisan Mr. Young-gi Yu, one of the few traditional fletchers in South Korea, and joined the ATARN forums to ask some questions regarding archery. I remember Mr. Duvernay answering some of my questions, and though briefly, I have also seen him at International Archery Festival held at Cheonahn, South Korea in 2007. But at that time, I believe Mr. Duvernay didn't recognize me.

And now that I'am about to be set free from the long service in the ROK army, I'm planning to start learning traditional korean archery at Salgogee-jeong(살곶이정), near Hanyang University in Seoul.(Yes, I attend this university)
I'm humbly looking forward to receive your valuable advice. Thank you.

Sinsigel

I remember!  However, when you and I bumped into each other back at WTAF 1, I didn't immediately know who you were.  Glad you are here!

Thumbs up