Topic: Thumb ring protection

Hello,

My thumb hurts sometime after practicing a lot, the skin being pinched by the ring on the internal face of the thumb.
I tried to glue some leather inside ring of a higher size, and found it much more confortable.

Does someone use any thumb ring protection ?

Olivier

Thumbs up

Re: Thumb ring protection

Some people do.  However, if you have a correctly fitting ring, you shouldn't need any extra protection (The whole idea of a thumb ring is to be protection for your thumb).  I'm going to guess it might be the ring, your way of using, or a combination that is causing the discomfort.  If you can, maybe post some pictures showing it and your form.

Thumbs up

Just to reiterate what Blue Lake mentioned, the ring should fit in such a way that it is comfortable and not causing any pain.

Ive seen other do this, and it is almost always an indicator of a poor fitting ring.

Thumbs up

Here is a picture... Note that I found this thumb ring ok until I began to practice about 1 hour or two each day.
http://www.koreanarchery.org/punbb/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=41&preview&secure_str=1296t324

Post's attachments

IMG_20120810_132420.jpg 1.11 mb, 2 downloads since 2012-08-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thumbs up

It looks like it might be fitting a bit too tight.  Also, I personally prefer a ring with a longer tab and wider walls.

Thumbs up

The thumb ring was originally made for archery. It was designed to protect the thumb. The ring could be made of stone, wood, ivory,horn, metal, ceramics, plastic or glass. Some view a person who ears a ring on their thumb to be strong willed. Wearing a ring on the 'pinky' finger can symbolize friendship.

Thumbs up