Topic: Regression

In the last week or so I seem to be getting worse. After today at a shoot I could almost give up! I really hope this is something I am going to climb out of.

Thumbs up

Re: Regression

In my experience over the past twenty years of shooting Korean style, when I got into a slump, I took a break for a period of time (days, weeks) and then came back.  It always helped.

Thumbs up

Thanks!

Thumbs up

After some reading I came across a big 3d guy in the states and he only suggested shooting one arrow at a time. I shoot then retrieve my arrow and go again where before I would shoot 10-12 retrieve and do it again. This method doesn't allow me to compensate for missed shots but rather take every shot individually. Because of the lack of arrows shot I think I have a better understanding of my ability and am confident I can be ready to hunt come fall. After tonight I learned I am not as good as I thought I was but also not nearly as bad as I thought after yesterday. I hit about 30% of shots tonight but I had less bad shots than normal as well.

Thumbs up

Chadwck wrote:

After some reading I came across a big 3d guy in the states and he only suggested shooting one arrow at a time. I shoot then retrieve my arrow and go again where before I would shoot 10-12 retrieve and do it again. This method doesn't allow me to compensate for missed shots but rather take every shot individually. Because of the lack of arrows shot I think I have a better understanding of my ability and am confident I can be ready to hunt come fall. After tonight I learned I am not as good as I thought I was but also not nearly as bad as I thought after yesterday. I hit about 30% of shots tonight but I had less bad shots than normal as well.

Actually, it's very similar to the way it's done in Korean archery (and, more or less, even in other styles).  When you are shooting with others, you have a break between shots, of course.  However, even if you are shooting by yourself, you are supposed to wait a period of time between arrows.  Between ends, there is also a period of time--sometimes relatively long.  Going down to the target (145m away) to retrieve arrows gives some time, but there is usually also additional time added (unless there is a time limitation for some reason).

Thumbs up

IMHO, I noticed that my initial 10-20 shots of the day are usually my best. It then all goes downhill from there. Have been shooting Korean for around 3 years. The same thing almost always happens about 70% of the time. Hard to maintain consistency throughout the day.

Then of cos there are those days that are just plain sucky no matter what I do  sad

The following week after that would usually not suck  smile

Thumbs up

Thanks Guys.

Thumbs up