Topic: Arrows misbehaving

I have 2 Hwarang bows, 27 lb and 31 lb. I am trying various arrows without success. I have used beman carbon flash 750-14's and today Eastman Aluminum arrows with a 500 spine. I get Kicking up of the tail or corkscrewing. I had someone watch my release and they saw no issues. I am using a mediterranean draw without a ring.

The arrow GO where I want them, but their flight is just weird.

The folks at the shop had no clue because they never work with recurves similar to a korean bow.

I would be willing to buy whispering wind arrows or carbon express, but before i spend that sort of money I want to know I'm getting an arrow that flies right.

Any advice?

Thumbs up

2 (edited by PhatMan 2013-07-03 06:48:18)

Re: Arrows misbehaving

sepharad,

With my 55 lb Kaya KTB & Easton ACC 3L-18 arrows, I get quite a bit of side-to-side motion initially in the arrows filght.  This calms down after ca 15 m; I would suspect that this is to do with the low brace height of the KTB (the centershot is very much greater than on 'standard' bows with brace heights of 6" or more).

Have you checked your nocking point locations ?  Try shooting some bare shafts along with the fletched at ca. 20 yd/m, and see if they impact in the same vertical plane.

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Thumbs up