1 (edited by teucro 2014-03-20 13:39:55)

Topic: KAYA KTB XL 52

Hi all,

I already own a Kaya KTB and its length is 48.
Recently I bougth from an Italian online shop a KTB XL  52".
This shop supply itself from a big shop in Netherland.
The bow  arrived with original KAYA box and its original KAYA label stated the length was 52" .
But comparing it with my previous KTB 48" I realized it was too short; after measuring it  resulted the
new bow was only 50" !

Making a short story: I asked for replace but also the replaced bow was only 50" while again the original KAYA
label on the box said 52".

Then I wonder if any massive mistake happened at KAYA during boxing process of a whole batch of bow.

Can you happy owners of KAYA KTB XL 52" ( if any ) measure please your bow length and post it ?

many thanks

Thumbs up

Re: KAYA KTB XL 52

How are these bows measured? Strung, nock to nock or unstrung along the belly?

Thumbs up

3 (edited by teucro 2014-03-20 22:13:58)

~HUN~ wrote:

How are these bows measured? Strung, nock to nock or unstrung along the belly?

They have been measured nock to nock, unstrung, along the back.
With this method we got 48" for the old bow ( correct ) and 50" for the two other bows whose boxes were labeld 52".
See also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGxmr_1iHm8  - perhaps this weekend I can post an English remake of the video.

Thumbs up

teucro wrote:

They have been measured nock to nock, unstrung, along the back.
With this method we got 48" for the old bow ( correct ) and 50" for the two other bows whose boxes were labeld 52".
See also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGxmr_1iHm8  - perhaps this weekend I can post an English remake of the video.

2 years ago, I asked for a 52" long KTB and finally obtained a bow without any box.
I had some doubt about its length but only verified that it was longer than a normal KTB.

Today I just made the same measuring experiment as yours, on the 52" KTB ... and ... Results : 50". 
That's really annoying !!

What did you do about that since your last post ?
Could you finally obtain a real 52" KTB ?

Thumbs up

5 (edited by teucro 2014-10-02 13:01:23)

Hello EM,

sorry for late reply:

I have not yet got a 52" KTB because after waiting without result a month or so  I bougth an Hungarian style bow.

Local dealer  reported that  Kaya admitted to have a ( labeling /boxing/shipping ? ) problem with the 52" KTB; your experience confirm me that is at least a 2 years old problem.

But I did the  mistake of selling my old 48" KTB ;  I think I'll buy again a KTB either in 50" or 52" length if available.
I lack too much KTB speed, absence of handshock, easy handling and accuracy.
If only the fabric decoration had a differnt pattern or no pattern at all    roll

Thumbs up