Topic: Hello All

After seeing Dusan's post, I realized I had never introduced myself, how rude of me. I apologize.

Most important thing that tells about an archer's personality: his bow. I have a Saluki Crimean Tatar Hybrid bow and it is my love. I have a Hwarang bow coming in the mail from France soon so I shall see how that shoots.

My name is Lucas Cooper, I live in Palm Beach, Florida, and I am becoming an English Teacher. (Don't judge me on my grammar, I am too lazy to write perfectly all the time). Not much of an archery community around here. Let alone traditional archery, especially ASIAN traditional archery or MOUNTED archery.

I am friends with Lukas Novotny and he has recently moved into the state and I have visited him several times. He has taught me some of the essentials of horseback archery and I have tried to perfect my horsemanship and archery skills in order to become a great horsearcher one day.

I am a history-enthusiast and love to read and learn whatever I can that interests me, especially about the utility, function, and uses of composite bows and of arrows in antiquity. Korean, Indo-Persian, and Mongol/Tatar bows are extremely interesting to me. (I am sick of all the Ottoman bow fanaticism, and I feel other treasures can be found in other, less-looked-into cultures).

All are free to contact me whenever if you should like to talk about bows, arrows, or whatnot. I also am becoming a bamboo arrow maker since I find them addictive to make. (My design is based off of some Mughal conformations and designs as opposed to Japanese or Korean designs.)

I hope to learn and appreciate as much as possible from this website, especially since it endorses one of the few nations on earth that have held their archery traditions still close to heart. (I wish archery were "golf" to America as archery is to Korea.)

Thumbs up

2 (edited by WillScarlet 2014-04-21 23:11:12)

Re: Hello All

Welcome Lucas. Archery is not "golf" to America, but an "Archery Golf" game can be played. I doubt if any golf course would allow you to shoot arrows on their grounds, but if you have a suitable area you can set up your own course.
    Will

Thumbs up

Re: Hello All

That's something about archery; it preserves landscape because of its minimally destructive nature smile

Thumbs up