Topic: Bringing my bow back to the USA

Hello all!

I'll be leaving Korea in June and was wondering what the best way to take my bow would be. Should I just ship it with the arrows? Or can I take it on the plane with me? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thumbs up

Re: Bringing my bow back to the USA

When I travel with airplane and want to bring my bow with me, I use compound bow case. It might seems overkill but you can secure your bow plus arrow tube will fit inside with a velcro strap. Look for a case that lets you use 2 padlocks on both ends so no one can try to pry open on the side. You might have some rooms left so that you can pack some cloths in there as well.

Thumbs up

I use the compound suitcase as well. My bow (short turkish) fits there perfectly and there is nice place to keep securely my arrows too. Security guys could be curious seeing such things on their screens, but with no problem (some declaration at most). There is some room to pack my clothes, so all the inside volume is pretty intact and resistant to possible hits.
The label "fragile" does some benefit too ;-)

Thumbs up

That is a great idea gents! Now to find a compound bow case in Korea!

Thumbs up

Look at Negrini site. I have a case from them - very good, durable, fitting and of friendly price.

Thumbs up