1 (edited by Bonus 2014-10-09 07:38:33)

Topic: left-right tiller in new SMG bow?

Hi all,

I am little bit rewritting my post, to be more understandable.

Can you please advise me about the obvious asymmetry in the ends (ears) of the SMG bow. I know that korean bows has to be adjusted slightly for the archer according to his right or left handiness and the style of the draw.

I draw with my right hand, with thumbing, so an arrow is passing the bow along its right side. When I am drawing a bow it is obvious that the ends of the bows are made to be bent slightly towards right side.

Is it OK?

I am quite uncertain, to me it seems that if I would draw that bow with my left hand that this asymmetry would naturally compensate itself against the bending bow.....but perhaps my reasoning is a false one, and it is everything all right.
However, if this would be ok, than the arrow would pass the bow very close to the central axe, thus eliminating the paradox....which would call for very interesting consequences regarding arrows to be made.

I have asked Mechwar and BeeThao, and they both said to me that it was OK, that it was the tiller for the thumbring release.

However I have asked some other people, and they said to me exactly the opposite ;-) That during the thumbring draw with right hand the both ends of the bow had to be slightly bent to opposite side so to balance the sideway effect of the thumbring draw.

So is it even possible that the small piece of leather over the handle, denoting the place of the release on the right side, is placed wrongly and the bow should be turned "upside down" to have exchanged the arms and have upper and lower arms correctly in upper and lower positions?

It must be obvious, I am uncertain ;-) so please help.

Dusan

Thumbs up

Re: left-right tiller in new SMG bow?

Do arrows fly straight?  Some people say that if the string does not unstring, its ok....but I am not an expert.  As long as it shoots fine, I would not worry about it.

Thumbs up