Topic: Hi, everyone

Traditional Asian archery has fascinated me for several years. Now I've retired and have more time, I've joined an archery group in the UK and bought my first Asian bow, a Kaya KTB.

I come from a firearms background and have used shotguns, pistols and rifles for more than 40 years. I was interested to see a Black Powder section as I shot muzzle-loading guns for almost 20 years, mostly caplock and flint shotguns, but also a repro Parker Hale rifle and a Wesson blackpowder rifle, as well as repro duelling style pistols. For a time I got sucked into collecting original black powder guns, but that had to stop!

Thumbs up

Re: Hi, everyone

Welcome, Chosuk!

Yes, I added the black powder section, as traditional projectile weapons tend to go together for many people.  When I visit back to the States in the summer, I spend quite a bit of my time shooting my bp arms (both original and repro).  I have most everything from matchlocks to black powder cartridge rifles.

T

Thumbs up

Re: Hi, everyone

bluelake wrote:

Welcome, Chosuk!

Yes, I added the black powder section, as traditional projectile weapons tend to go together for many people.  When I visit back to the States in the summer, I spend quite a bit of my time shooting my bp arms (both original and repro).  I have most everything from matchlocks to black powder cartridge rifles.

T

Thanks, Thomas. Don't know whether you got my email about difficulties registering, but...well, you can ignore it now! smile

Thumbs up +1