Topic: Shooting YMG, SMG, and KMG

Yesterday, I tried out three bows I have: my YMG, SMG "Chinese", and KMG (Kaya) "Turkish". 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j61OP2hhiT0

While I was there, a professor from another university was also shooting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiw77sqgRJ8

Thumbs up

Re: Shooting YMG, SMG, and KMG

Thomas, were the YMG and SMG of the same poundage, and how would you rate smoothness, cast, hand shock, and speed one against the other?

Thumbs up

WillScarlet wrote:

Thomas, were the YMG and SMG of the same poundage, and how would you rate smoothness, cast, hand shock, and speed one against the other?

Yes, they were both 50# (the KMG was 40#).  I was very happily impressed with the cast and lack of hand shock of the SMG.  While it didn't quite equal the YMG, it was still in the ballpark.

Thumbs up

4 (edited by WillScarlet 2015-02-04 22:47:06)

The reason I asked is I'm still considering the purchase of either the Hwarang or a Chinese built Mariner Ming Moon 7. I'd probably be happy with either, but just haven't decided. Which would you say is more "user friendly" to the shooter new to these type bows? hmm

Thumbs up

WillScarlet wrote:

The reason I asked is I'm still considering the purchase of either the Wharang or a Chinese built Mariner Ming Moon 7. I'd probably be happy with either, but just haven't decided. Which would you say is more "user friendly" to the shooter new to these type bows? hmm

The Hwarang still is more "user friendly", but the SMG is not that difficult.

Thumbs up

Thank you Thomas for your input. smile

Thumbs up

I was curious about the KMG turkish.  How would you say it compares to the Kaya windfighter?  I shoot the windfighter at #55.  I know the KMG you shoot in the video is less in pounds, but I'm just wondering cause I was thinking of Getting a KMG.

Thumbs up

It shoots smoothly, but feels a little more sluggish than the Kaya KTB.

Thumbs up