Topic: 33.5" Wood Arrow Shaft

I just received a dozen long and short bodkin arrow heads.  Where do you folks think is the best place to get 33.5" spined and weighted wood shafts in North America?  Getting wood shafts from the UK is too expensive in terms of shipping.  The bodkins fit 11/32" shafts.  What diameter of wood shafts will make a flush fit?  Thanks!

Thumbs up

Re: 33.5" Wood Arrow Shaft

I get mine from both Three Rivers Archery and also Whispering Wind Arrows.

Thumbs up

3 (edited by WarBow 2011-10-08 05:32:40)

Thomas, I get the bodkins from 3 Rivers Archery as well.  I will contact hexshafts about custom length wood shafts.   smile

Thumbs up

Yup, they're the ones I got my bodkins from, too.

Thumbs up

Warbow

You might want to check with Allegheny Mountain Arrow Woods.  http://www.arrowwoods.com/fixins.htm  I have purchased a bunch of shafts off him and he really goes out of the way to customize your order.  Not sure if he can produce shafts to 35-36

Thumbs up

6 (edited by WillScarlet 2011-12-06 04:05:40)

You can get 33" bamboo shafts from Rudderbows Archery. Straightened,heat tempered.
$25.00/half dozen. By the time they're worked-up you can probably get 33.5"  smile

www.rudderbowsarchery.com

Thumbs up

7 (edited by WarBow 2011-12-06 06:25:34)

Kanuck, thanks for your advice.  I understand Allegheny get electronic lathe.  I am sure they can do barrel shafts.

WillScarlet, I already get two dozen bamboo shafts from Mark Hill.  I am undecided if I want to go with regular field points or T Tips's 125 grains 3D target points that are tanged.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Thumbs up