1 (edited by WillScarlet 2012-01-12 23:12:21)

Topic: Bamboo arrow build-along

Ran accross this build-along on another forum, and thought it may interest some of you.
                  Will       wink

http://piratesofarchery.net/bb/viewtopi … mp;t=16715

Thumbs up

Re: Bamboo arrow build-along

I like the author's idea for a point.  Saves trying to put a taper on the bamboo or onto a wooden plug in the end. 

I have a dozen straightened, tempered and spined bamboo shafts on order from Rudderbows.  Great company to deal with....

Kanuck.

Thumbs up

Kanuck, would be interested in your opinion of the shafts when you get them, especially how close they are in weight.
Rudderbows was one of my choices for ordering bamboo shafts, but their information about the shafts didn't say anything about being matched to within + or - 25 grains in weight (unless I missed it), so I was going to go with Crows Head Outfitters who do. Rudderbows do have a bit better price though.
      I'm really thinking that most all the shafts people are selling are coming from the SAME Chinese source, seller "stmmrr" on e-bay. Many "up-close views of the shafts from  different
distributers (sellers) show "stmmrr"'s logo ,or mark. And the ones sold on e-bay are described
in the same manner as the ones sold by the different distributers.    cool

Thumbs up

I recommend buying bamboo shafts from Jaap Koppedrayer, as he grows his own bamboo in Georgia and does all the cutting and sorting himself.

Thumbs up