Topic: Hello from Gimhae, S. Korea

Hi! My wife and I are now living in Korea to teach English. It's a busy schedule but thankfully its mostly in the evenings. Back in California, I was super interested in western archery and even got a bow to shoot with for about three months. Now that I'm in Korea, I want to continue shooting, but man it's difficult to find anyone at my work place that knows about traditional Korean archery.

I was hoping I could come to this forum to look for people to help me. smile I've googled/google mapped almost everything but I don't think it's helped. How do I start out? I'm hoping to do so in the mornings since I teach in the evenings and even on weekends!

Hope to hear from you all!

Thumbs up

Re: Hello from Gimhae, S. Korea

Welcome, our founding member, bluelake, is in Korea a lot. I'm sure as soon as he sees your post he will chime in.  smile

Thumbs up

I'd like that very much. smile I checked out the FAQ and took a look at the website/excel file but I sadly can't read Korean very well so I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. Haha. I've been really wanting to start. big_smile

Thumbs up

Welcome!

If you are in Gimhae, it is near Busan, which has a half-dozen clubs.  You should contact a friend of mine (Canadian), who is a very experienced archer there.  I'll PM you his info.

Thumbs up