Topic: hello from Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland

Hi, looking for the perfect horsebow. Very happy with the 45#@28" Hwarang I got recently through Thomas (Bluelake).  Busy making comparisons with Chinese bows and eagerly awaiting a couple of Saluki bows for more tests.
Cheers,
Tony

Thumbs up

Re: hello from Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland

Great to hear, Tony!  You'll really like Lukas' Salukis, too--he's a true artist.

Thumbs up

Tony,
Welcome, that hwarang is a great bow, and the Korean Traditional bow as we know it today is unsurpassed in performance.

The saluki is a wonderful bow, and I too have one on order. I have owned a couple and they are very stable, and like Thomas said, a real piece of artistry.

What models do you have waiting? Please keep us updated as to how you compare the bows.

Joe

Thumbs up

Thanks Raven for the welcome and the encouragement over the Saluki Bows. Much of what one aquires in this area has to be done on trust based on widespread approval in forums. Its not like you can go down to Walmart and feel the fit and finish of a hwarang bow. Even nearby Lancaster Archery isn't sure what they are. Finding Saluki bows is trek thru the internet til you get to his site, but what a site. These are some of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I did order a 54 inch Crimean Tatar hybrid at 45 #@28 ". I've since been using the thumb ring exclusively on the Hwarang and have become comfortable with a 31-32 " draw so I should get  a few more pounds out of it. I also ordered a 70lb@28" Turk hybrid at 50 inches. Overdraw might be tougher on that one.
s

Thumbs up

5 (edited by tonygt19 2012-08-27 14:24:13)

Joe (Raven),
I've just started to make the comparisons having recently acquired a chronograph and gram  scale and homemade draw/scale device.  Very new to this but have some preliminary pics up on my photo site at < http://tonygt19.smugmug.com/Archery/Dyn … ;k=P2hd75B >.
Will be making comparisons for a friend looking to import some fiberglass hybrids from China. These are not quite in the same league with the Hwarang but should be cheap and especially good for beginners. They are surprizingly light and fast though. I'll move this to a new topic in 'Bows" when more complete.

Thumbs up